- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly
- Direct treatment operations of the facility, including short and
long range strategic planning so that the spa operates cost
effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure the establishment and execution of all departmental
- Hire, manage, train, and motivate all colleagues.
- Serve as a link between the hotel and the spa industry.
- Provide and take responsibility for the professional delivery of
all information to guests (issue resolution)
- Maximizing schedules / resources thereby maximizing revenue.
- Scheduling short-term replacements due to illness, lateness, or
- Monitor and control operations payroll
- All colleagues versed in health and safety
- Maintain adequate inventories and manage expenses within
- Dispenses product as needed
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitors, including location,
product offering, pricing, and promotions and sales techniques.
- Tracks all provider licenses re: expiration dates.
- Administration and implementation of staff training in all
aspects of the spa's operations (business telephone usage, guest
relations, retail sales, spa services & treatments).
- Ensure effective communication amongst all departments within the
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a spa or related field an
- Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.
- Human resources experience an asset.
- License Massage Therapist required
- Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
This position requires:
- Lifting - Under 20lbs 10% of work time.
- Pushing - 35lbs pressure through wrists 80% of work time.
- Motions - Bending, standing, reaching, and working with hands,
arms, and fingers continuously throughout workday.
Required Education and Experience
- Massage License
Fairmont Austin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer