Nurse Extern Bastrop Emergency Room PRN
Company: St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionIntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Nurse Extern Bastrop Emergency Room PRN? At
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA
Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support
our incredible team members over the course of three
years.BenefitsSt. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Nurse Extern Bastrop Emergency Room
PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and
QualificationsAs a Nurse Extern, you will deliver high quality,
patient-centered care by performing a variety of basic patient care
services related to common nursing functions and activities of
daily living. You will work under the supervision of the Registered
Nurse in assisting with the implementation of nursing plans. In
order to qualify as a Nurse Extern, you will be currently enrolled
and in good standing in an accredited school of Nursing.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient
information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions
data, vital signs, blood glucose levels, input and output levels
and calorie counts
- You will give personal care including bathing, grooming,
feeding, changing, etc.
- You will document and report observations, interactions,
patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or
behavioral changes at time of occurrence
- You will assist with patient mobility by regular turning,
positioning and ambulating patients
- You will provide or assist with non-medicated support care,
collection of specimens for diagnostic testing, and preparation of
patient for surgery or other procedure
- You will assist with transfers of patients to and from other
units/departments and with dischargesRequirements
- Volunteer or experience in an acute care hospital setting -
- Age specific knowledge of patient population in the specific
department - preferred
- Currently enrolled and in good standing with an accredited
school of Nursing
- Successful completion of the basic fundamental nursing courses
and the ability to perform the fundamental skills learned in the
1st semester of nursing school
- Must have signed nursing school initial skills checklist and
verification of appropriate competencies.
- Must complete nursing school within 2 years of hire or will
lose eligibility to remain in the Nurse Extern status
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American
Heart Association or American Red Cross - required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification - preferredSt.
David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in
central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is
known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology
program - the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's
only adult bone marrow transplant program - and Level II trauma
center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes
cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's
services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services
including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer
care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital
operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good
people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderWe are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Nurse Extern Bastrop Emergency Room PRN
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Austin , Nurse Extern Bastrop Emergency Room PRN, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!