Registered Nurse (RN) - Director of Nursing - $35-55 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Director of Nursing for a nursing job in Austin, Texas.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Director of Nursing
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
Manage multiple Nursing Units with responsibility for planning,
selecting, and/or devising methods, policies and procedures for
Managers and Staff employees to accomplish designated goals.
Negotiate interdepartmental resources, communicates and plans with
various cross-functional departments to ensure effective level of
service to Nursing Units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Oversee the operational, personnel and fiscal management of
assigned areas of responsibility with an emphasis on high quality,
cost effective patient care.
- Monitor daily productivity, addressing variance from
established standards and adjust staffing to maintain established
- Establish annual unit-specific quality improvement goals,
conduct monitoring, analysis, process changes, reporting and
re-evaluation of prepared goals to Nursing Quality Council and
Clinic Quality Council.
- Investigate adverse events, review data and findings, assessing
for trends, acting on self-remediation needs and identify
opportunities for development.
- Collaborate with non-nursing departments to establish processes
and address issues which enhance the provision of patient care and
- Conduct and participate in daily rounds to identify immediate
needs, monthly patient room rounds, monthly Environment of Care
Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds, and acts on findings in
a timely manner.
- Establish opportunities to acquire input, to include unit
monthly Action Unit Committees, input at staff meetings and other
- Comply with requirements of regulatory, licensing, and
- Design measurements and tools to evaluate achievement and
- Identify and clearly communicate communication gaps in staff
knowledge and/or competency.
- Directs the effective management of financial, informational
and personnel resources to ensure efficient operations and
continuity of care.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelors required.
- Master's degree preferred; may consider 50% or more or course
requirements to obtain Master's degree.
- 5-8 years progressive nursing management experience
- Three to five years progressive nursing management experience
- Complete and maintain professional and technical
- Maintain membership in professional nursing
- BCLS and ACLS are required in some departments.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitate (CPR)
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitate (CPR):
BLS or CPR Required.
Baylor Scott and White Job ID #6. Pay package is based on 12 hour
shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation) with
tax-free stipend amount to be determined. Posted job title:
Director of NursingAbout Baylor Scott & White HealthBaylor Scott &
White Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in
the state of Texas.Benefits
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Sick pay
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Referral bonus
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- License and certification reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Registered Nurse (RN) - Director of Nursing - $35-55 per hour, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!