Medical Social Worker PRN
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: June 23, 2022
DescriptionIntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Medical Social Worker PRN with St. David's Medical Center you
can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsWe are committed to providing our employees with the
support they need. At St. David's Medical Center, we offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health
Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!Learn more about Employee
BenefitsWould you like to unlock your potential with a leading
healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues? Join the St. David's Medical Center family! We will
give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Medical Social
Worker PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job
Summary and QualificationsAs a Medical Social Worker, you will be
responsible for promoting patient-centered care by evaluating
psychosocial needs, providing community service coordination for
identified patient populations, and providing support and crisis
intervention where indicated. You will act as a liaison between the
patient and community resources/post-acute care providers. You will
create and facilitate timely implementation of discharge plans and
arrange post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care.
You will facilitate patient movement across the continuum of care
and identify, address, and track barriers to patient throughput.
- You will partner with the RN Case Manager to ensure the
post-acute medical needs and level of care are appropriate.
- You will respond promptly to referrals from the RN Case Manager
or other staff when risk factors for social determinants of health
- You will perform thorough assessments and develop appropriate
plans of care for high risk patients with discharge planning or
- You will perform proactive discharge planning.
- You will provide expertise in post-acute services and community
- You will identify and address barriers to discharge and
recovery, including financial, emotional, psychosocial, medical and
- You will provide psychosocial support and resources.Experience
- Experience in acute care social workEducation
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
- Master's Degree in Social Work - preferredLicenses and
- Currently licensed as a Registered Social Worker in the state
of Texas according to law and regulation - preferred
- Certification in Case Management - preferred
- Certification in Social Work - preferredSt. David's Medical
Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas.
This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the
region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the
internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St.
David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services
provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart
and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and
orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a
Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed
rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient
comprehensive care.St. David's Medical Center is part of St.
David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems
in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between
HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation
and Georgetown Health Foundation.HCA Healthcare has been named one
of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for
over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderBe a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Medical Social Worker
PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Austin , Medical Social Worker PRN, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!