Certified Nurse Aide
Company: Querencia At Barton Creek
Posted on: May 16, 2022
$2500 SIGN ON BONUS
Wages- $16-$20 Hr.
Shift: 2pm-10 and 10pm-6am ($1 Shift Diff)
JOB SUMMARY: The Certified Nurse Aide administers direct patient
care and assist residents to perform daily living activities. The
Certified Nurse Aide will also keep common areas and resident room
free of hazard.
Querencia at Barton Creek
2500 Barton Creek Blvd.
Austin, TX 78735
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
- Follow all care plan directives, administer direct patient care
and assist residents to perform daily living activities such as
feed, bathe, dress, groom, transfer and move residents, and
transport residents to dining rooms and various events and
- Initiate resident needs, assessment and safety by observing and
reporting any changes or unusual findings to the nurse.
- Coordinate with nursing team members so vital signs are taken
accurately and recorded in the proper software as well as
maintaining records of ADLs, bowel and bladder, diet intake and
- Administer standard precautions and infection control standards
by providing a clean and safe environment.
- Promptly answer call lights and on a regular basis conduct
rounds assesses resident's needs, appearance of the health center
and verify needs of the resident are met.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules,
and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company
policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living
Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies
and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion,
dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support,
actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of
the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and
fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
- During emergencies or natural disasters may be required to be
on duty for the duration of the disaster.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year working with the geriatric population.
- First Aid and CPR Certification and Certified nursing aide
licensure required by state regulations.
- Food Handler certification obtained within 60 days of hire as
required by state guidelines; if state certification program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform
job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors
and team members.
- Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer
- Solicits resident/family feedback to understand the needs of
the resident and the community. Advocates for service excellence
within the center and influences others to take action.
- Displays responsibility by taking ownership of quality care.
Shows dedication to enriching the lives of our residents through
empathy and compassion.
- Exhibits a commitment to personal excellence through
professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common
courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
- Exhibits a commitment to results by looking for and
recommending or implementing process improvements.
- Shows respect and courtesy for fellow team mates by working
together to get the job well done.
- Effectively addresses customer concerns and strives to reduce
or resolve conflict.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS:
The physical responsibilities of this position constantly require
effective bending, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, carrying,
grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. This position
often involves medium work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to
have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and
thoroughness of work assigned or make observations of residents and
environment; close visual acuity, such as preparing and analyzing
data and figures, operating medical equipment, reading a computer
screen, reading printed material, inspection of small defects, and
using measurement devices. The functions of this position are
conducted in a temperature controlled environment and not
substantially exposed to adverse environment conditions and may be
routinely exposed to working hazards, communicable diseases, blood
borne pathogens, cleaning chemicals, and odors.
INTELLECTUAL/EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS: The occupant of this position
must be able to perform the responsibilities of the position well
under pressure. The position requires adaptability to performing a
variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without
loss of efficiency or composure. This position requires the ability
to deal with and find resolution to problems and maintain a
productive working relationship with team members, and may be
interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of others. It
also requires adaptability to fluctuate between priorities on a
daily basis while being responsive to needs as they arise.
Keywords: Querencia At Barton Creek, Austin , Certified Nurse Aide, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!