Medical Assistant PRN Float - Marble Falls
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Medical Assistant, under general supervision,
performs various patient care services to include some delegated
medical procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assists and accompanies patients from waiting room and prepares
patients for examination.
- Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the
direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate,
temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records or
inputs information to patients' medical record.
- Collects, labels and delivers specimens to the laboratory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as they are
- Attends in service education, as required.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at
ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to
- Ability to take instruction from a doctor.
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
- High attention to detail.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits
package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - - -Basic Life
Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Medical Assistant PRN Float - Marble Falls, Healthcare , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!