In Home Private Duty/ Caregiver FT/PT
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Overview:Brookdale at Home - Private Duty/Home Care Aide
CaregiverLooking for a Career, not a job? Looking for a place where
it feels like family? Well look no more!Brookdale at Home is
currently seeking Dedicated and Compassionate Caregivers to join
the growing team and make a lasting difference in the lives of our
residents.Apply Now and Begin your rewarding career - you won't
regret it!Available Positions: All Shifts
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and
regulations.Responsibilities:Flexible schedule position that
provides clients with assistance and companionship while
recognizing clients' individual needs and encourages independence.
Non-medical hands on care; including dressing, bathing, grooming,
personal care and assistance with transfers.
- Provides one on one companionship to client.
- May assist clients with medication as defined in medication
- Performs general housekeeping duties, following cleaning
schedules for client laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space,
bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Assists with pet care as needed.
- Provides transportation to doctor's appointments and other
- Attends and participates in required training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, and
collaborative team. Notifies manager of any changes in client
- Provides personal care to clients per their individualized plan
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, in
compliance with state regulations; and one to three months of
healthcare / homecare experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Reliable transportation. Must have a valid state identification
card. Valid driver's license is preferred.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read
and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to
communicate effectively in English with residents, family members
and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or
oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks
assistance when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Austin , In Home Private Duty/ Caregiver FT/PT, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!