Therapist Physical Assistant
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Physical Therapist Assistant, under the
supervision of a physical therapist, conducts patient assessment,
testing and therapy using standard physical therapy modalities to
restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Administers physical therapy interventions as planned and
directed by the Physical Therapist to facilitate quality patient
care; applies therapeutic principles appropriately.
- Instructs and assists patients, and monitor patient performance
and physical status to ascertain effectiveness of program. Assists
with patient mobility to include bed mobility, transfers and gait.
Utilizes modalities correctly and answers patient questions
regarding use of modalities. Adheres to safety practices with
patient guarding. Escorts patients to the treatment area in
preparation for treatment. Establishes rapport with patient in a
professional manner. Develops and documents effective home exercise
programs and supplemental instructional programs as needed.
- Prepares comprehensive and concise assessments and
documentation of patient treatment and progress and ensures
information is shared with the appropriate parties. Communicates
with the Physical Therapist as needed regarding patient progress
and need for goal modification. Submits accurate charges in a
- Supervises physical therapy aides and students, when
appropriate and as assigned, in accordance with the Texas Physical
Therapy Practice Act guidelines. Effectively communicates treatment
information to the Physical Therapy aide.
- Fulfills continuing education and\or certification requirements
to maintain required qualifications. Takes responsibility to
understand and complete professional and technical requirements and
provide documentation on such requirements, Attends available
professional education programs. Reviews and studies appropriate
current physical therapy and medical literature. Presents
educational programs to Physical Therapy staff in a professional
manner when requested.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must be physically capable of prolonged standing, walking,
pushing and lifting.
- Good communications skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levels.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Associate's
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Physical Therapy Asst
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Therapist Physical Assistant, Healthcare , Taylor, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!