ER-Registered Nurse (Nights)
Company: Arise Austin Medical Center-The Hospital at Westla
Posted on: January 15, 2022
FT (Nights)About us:The Hospital at Westlake Medical Center not
only provides traditional quality hospital care but also offers
services ranging from high-tech diagnostic procedures to inpatient
physical therapy and urgent care for emergencies related to trauma
or illness.We also recognize our role as a resource for information
and education regarding medicine and healthcare to patients, staff,
physicians and the community. Through our commitment to and
involvement in Austin, The Hospital at Westlake Medical Center will
continue to be an active and responsible healthcare leader.
Why work here (Benefits):Medical Insurance
Dental and Vision Insurance
Basic Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Critical Illness Insurance
Free Gym Membership
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401KEmployee Perks Program
Job Summary:Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general
aspects of patient care related to the cardiac, medical surgical
and ER environment. Provides direct and indirect patient care to
neonate through geriatric patient age groups. Provides direct and
indirect patient care in the emergency department.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:Graduate of an
accredited school of nursingOne (1) year of experience in an acute
care facility preferred
Previous emergency room or critical care experience required.
License and Certifications:Registered Nurse License in the state of
Texas or compact equivalent
BLS, ACLS and PALS required or ENPC
Who you will be reporting to:Charge Nurse, House Supervisor, ED
Nurse Manager, Director of Nursing
What you will do (Roles and Responsibilities):
- Provides direct patient care and performs head-to-toe
assessment on all patients in accordance with the nurse practice
act and ENA standards.
- Collects and accurately documents comprehensive data pertinent
to the patient's health and wellness.
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes and takes appropriate
action in a timely manner.
- Evaluates patient outcomes and analyzes the assessment data to
determine diagnoses or other issues.
- Develops personalized care plan for each patient and revises
plan as necessary.
- Educates patient and family on plan of care, privacy and
- Identifies communication and cultural needs of the patient and
utilizes resources to ensure appropriate delivery of patient
- Promotes a safe patient environment by identifying at risk
patient i.e. implementing fall precautions.
- Demonstrates effective delegation skills.
- Consults with other departments as appropriate for an
interdisciplinary approach and adjusts nursing care processes as
indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Corrects and/or reports all unsafe environmental conditions and
failures and demonstrates responsibility to the overall safety of
the work area.
- Participates in unit activities, attends scheduled
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of current computer skills
- Complete all mandatory education programs
- Quickly and accurately responds to EMS radio and demonstrates
competency according to level five ESI system.
- Demonstrates knowledge base of EMTALA regulations and enforces
- Other duties as assignedWe are committed to being an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Keywords: Arise Austin Medical Center-The Hospital at Westla, Austin , ER-Registered Nurse (Nights), Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!