Operating Room Registered Nurse
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients
deserve? At St. David's Medical Center we support our colleagues in
their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Operating Room Registered
Nurse PT and access programs to assist with every stage of your
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you
through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
* 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of
* Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student
* Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps,
Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
* Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
* Adoption Assistance
* Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our Operating Room Registered Nurse PT opening and continue to
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be
responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties and
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
* 1 year Operating room environment
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification - per
St. David's Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in
central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour
emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac
Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine
Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's
Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care,
imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's
services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery
Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital
providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which
is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the
third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare
was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and
two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage
you to apply for our Operating Room Registered Nurse PT opening.
Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Austin , Operating Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!