Chronic Disease Health Educator
Company: People's Community Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview: Provide individual and group education to patients
regarding Diabetes, Hypertension and other chronic diseases. The
starting range for this position is $16.00 - $18.58 hourly.
- Coordinate the scheduling of appointments for education visits
when patients are referred to the Chronic Disease Health
- Provide individual and group education to patients regarding
basic Diabetes knowledge such as: How to use a glucometer,
hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, blood sugar goals and blood sugar log
reviews, nutrition, exercise, measures to prevent complications,
- Perform blood pressure checks and education pertaining to
- Provide education pertaining to asthma self-management
- Process DME forms and Diabetic shoes referrals, which includes
tracking and faxing.
- Process and track dilated eye exam referrals and provide
CommUnity Care Vision and Diabetes Blindness Prevention Program
- Oversee and update Diabetic Blindness Prevention Program (DBPP)
eye exam spreadsheet; coordinate specialist appointments through
the DBPP/ Volunteer Health Clinic program.
- Oversee the inventory and distribution of all educational
materials for Health Promotion Department in coordination with the
designated volunteer,including preparing and stocking all
educational materials used within the Chronic Disease
- Organize all purchased and donated supplies, i.e. lancets,
lancing devices, glucometers, test strips, etc.
- Utilize the chronic care model and in accordance with
nationally recognized best practices, supports the delivery of
patient care provided by the healthcare team.
- Identify opportunities to improve workflow, work processes and
patient care, and work cooperatively to implement these and other
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines. Qualifications: Education:
- High School Diploma/GED Experience:
- Two years experience working in an outpatient medical
- Two years experience providing health education and counseling
to a diverse patient population;
- Familiarity with health behavior and teaching theories
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Diabetes Paraprofessional Certification by AADE within first 12
- CPR Certified Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact
effectively with a diverse population
- Patient, flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities in a
- Able to develop and use resource and referral systems.
- Computer literate
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail. Our
- 18 PTO days per year & 9 paid holidays
- Major Medical Health Insurance Coverage. Most employees
experience $0 in out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employer paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Annual Training
- 403(b) with 4% employer matching Peoples Community Clinic is
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age,
language, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or sex
stereotyping. We want you to do your best throughout the interview
process. CLICK HERE to learn more about how to prepare.
Keywords: People's Community Clinic, Austin , Chronic Disease Health Educator, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!