Registered Nurse - Medical Intensive Care Unit, RN MICU
Posted on: May 6, 2021
We Are Hiring: Come, join Dell Seton Medical Center as an ICU
nurse and start living and loving your calling!
Registered Nurse - ICU - Medical Intensive Care Unit
Full-Time & Part Time Positions; Day and Night Shifts
Some weekend and holiday shifts required.
Dell Seton Medical Center - Austin, TX
Must have 2 years ICU experience - Highly preferred
At Ascension Seton, we know where our true value lies. It's not
only the eleven-county area and more than 1.8 million people we
serve. It's in our associates. Including, possibly, you.
Dell Seton Medical Center at University of Texas at Austin is an
academic hospital, a Level I Trauma Center for adults with 226 beds
located in the new health district in downtown Austin, Texas.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is a part of
Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach brings
together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology and
treatments. Our mission provides opportunities for Ascension
associates to serve in their local communities by serving the poor
and vulnerable. Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization
dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum
of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health
systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering
compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most
in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of
persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Highlights of our State of the Art facility:
- Academic Hospital with 226 beds
- Advance Critical Care Management
- Specialties include Surgical Oncology, Plastics, Neurosurgical
Services, Burn Program and Trauma Intensivists
- Only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center within 15 counties
- Acuity adjustable units Highlights of our Surgical Trauma ICU:
- Work side by side with advanced practice nurses and residents
that reside in our unit
- Charge nurse outside of staffing numbers, available to assist
at the bedside
- Core Resource Nurses to assist with patient tasks, monitor and
implement core measure goals and other delegated assignments
- Patient Care Techs staffed to provide activities of daily
living, assist with lab draws, approved sterile procedures, turns
- Associate self-scheduling with nurse driven schedulers to
balance the needs of the unit
- Active sunshine committee and mentorship program to assist with
teamwork at and outside of work
- Highly engaged team members and leaders that participate in
self-driven programs to improve patient care and workplace
satisfactionWhat You Will Do: Provide direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team. What You Will Need: Licensure /
Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support preferred. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Additional Preferences: Must have 2 years ICU experience - Highly
Why Join Our Team: Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has
provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career
in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The
University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where
candidates can find both career and clinical education
opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4
billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community
benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates
and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of
ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites
of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living
facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension, Austin , Registered Nurse - Medical Intensive Care Unit, RN MICU, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!