Medical Technologist - MT - Molecular Technologist
Company: All Medical Personnel
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Position: Medical Technologist - Molecular/COVID
DepartmentLocation: Austin, TX (North)Duration: Full Time /
Permanent / Direct Hire - 3rd Shift Availability OnlyJob
- Responsible for performing moderate and high complexity
testing. Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and quality
control results and takes remedial action when indicated. Ensures
specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory's procedures for
specimen handling and processing. Adheres to departmental policies
and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control,
quality assurance, and safety.Specific Job Experience:
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform laboratory
- Ability to competently perform all tests in moderate and high
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of
- Understands and operates test systems proficiently.
- Ability to troubleshoot test systems and take appropriate
action where indicated.
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgment and problem solving skills to
- Promotes quality client/patient relations and creates
supportive climate by serving as a role model for behavior.
- Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information
relative to the laboratory.
- Adheres to all laboratory policies and regulations. Works with
- Functions as a liaison between the laboratory and the
- Operates general laboratory equipment, including but not
limited to: telephones, computer keyboards and CRT, automated
analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, manual and automated
- Effectively communicates via written, verbal, face-to-face,
telephone, and computer methods.Requirements:
- Degree:BS Degree in Medical Technology, Molecular Biology or
- Masters Molecular Biology: preferred
- ---Recent grads accepted!
- Certification: Certified in the area of Clinical Laboratory
Science or Molecular by the American Society of Clinical
Pathologists or equivalent.: preferred
- Experience- 1 year of laboratory training or experience or both
in a laboratory performing high complexity testing or Masters in
Molecular Biology: preferred
- Hands-on experience on molecular biology techniques such as
nucleic acid sample preparation, PCR, RT-PCR, gel electrophoresis,
DNA sequencing, allele specific PCR, Real time PCR, melting curve
analysis, SNP detection.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports.
- Ability to write accurate and concise clinical documents,
memos, and required correspondence.
- Ability to collect and analyze data using statistical
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the
laboratory and with laboratory clients. Benefits: omprehensive and
competitively based compensation and benefits package. For
immediate consideration please create a profile and submit your
resume through our applicant tracking system. Applications with
attached resumes will be given first consideration. Visit us online
at to learn more about our company and to view additional openings
in your area.About Us: All Medical Personnel is a national leader
in healthcare staffing and recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts
(SIA) as one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our
team of seasoned recruiters are experienced in their ability to
recruit, screen and place medical professionals for all types of
Keywords: All Medical Personnel, Austin , Medical Technologist - MT - Molecular Technologist, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!