Surgical Technologist - Non Certified
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: April 6, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Surgical Technologist - Non-Certified
Full-Time, Day -
Seton Medical Center Austin - Austin, TX
AS Degree in Surgical Technology Program with at least 5 years
experience in OR
* Sign on Bonus Eligible * Relocation Assistance * Competitive
Compensation * Benefits Package *
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent
* Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Long term / Short Term disability
* Life Insurance & AD&D
* Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
* 403b with company match
* Paid vacation time off
* Faith based work environment
* Legal services and much more!
Why Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin:
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a leader in cardiac care
and complex critical care patients in Central Texas. Ascension
Seton Medical Center Austin is a part of Ascension, a non-profit
organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range of
specialists, advanced technology and treatments.
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin offers:
* Magnet designation
* Stemi center of excellence
* Primary Stroke Center
* Disease specific certification in hip/knee and spine surgery
* ECMO team
* Currently seeking 5 Star recognition
* 26 Operating Rooms
* 14,000 procedures annually including complex surgery such as
* Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
* Orthopedic Surgery
* Trauma Surgery
* Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
* General Surgery
* Innovative technology that supports a variety of complex surgical
* daVinci Xi robots for general, thoracic, and GYN procedures
* Stryker and Medtronic Navigation for orthopedic, spine, and
* O-arm for spine surgery
* ProAxis Spine table for complex spine surgery
* MAKO robot for total knee arthroplasty
* High surgeon satisfaction ratings
* Low staff turnover
* The ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to use clinical
practice guidelines, standards and best practices, staff
development strategies, fiscal management principles, and
performance improvement techniques to achieve desired outcomes for
service excellence, patient and associate safety, and quality
What You Will Do:
Facilitate the safe and efficient performance of surgical
* Prepare surgical operating suite with sterile and non-sterile
instruments and supplies.
* Hand required and requested instruments and supplies to surgeon
* Assist with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping
* Maintain instruments in an organized manner and monitors and
tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
* Assist surgeons provision of hemostasis during surgery.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
* AS Degree in Surgical Technology Program Preferred.
* None required.
* Minimum 5 yrs. Surgical Tech experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of
associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since
1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost,
person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100
clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching
hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell
Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career
and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a
rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4
billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community
benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates
and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of
ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites
of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living
facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords
equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Austin , Surgical Technologist - Non Certified, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!