Registered Nurse, Case Manager
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: April 6, 2021
SHIFT: Weekends Only
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse, Case
Manager you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join St. David s Medical Center, a facility
that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David s Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met.
We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you
have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated Registered Nurse, Case Manager like you to be a part of
As the Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (CM), you are responsible
for promoting patient-centered care. To accomplish this, you will
coordinate the plan of care for the patient stay, manage the length
of stay, ensure appropriate resource management and develop a safe
and appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the
multidisciplinary healthcare team. As the RN Case Manager, you will
promote quality patient outcomes while supporting a balance of
optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- You will serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and
values; ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious
values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and
- You will provide case management services for both inpatient
and observation patients
- You will identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes
during transition from one level of care/setting to another
- You will perform a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial,
medical and discharge needs of patients/family along with an
assessment of resources appropriate and available to the
- You will reassesses the patient's clinical condition as
indicated. Considers patient's readmission status or risk of
readmission and develops strategies to mitigate including education
on appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative
education, and community based resources.
- You will partner with Social Services to ensure the post-acute
medical needs and level of care are appropriate
- Using InterQual, you will evaluate the progression of care and
- You will make appropriate referrals to third party payer,
disease and case management programs for recurring patients and
patients with chronic disease states
- You will document recommendations, discharge plan, care
coordination interventions, and case management activities
- You will seek ways to control costs without compromising
patient safety or quality of care
- You will participates in performance improvement activities
including identifying, documenting and intervening when avoidable
delays occur St. David s Medical Center is a full-service medical
center offering comprehensive medical care at three locations St.
David s Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David s
Located in Central Austin, St. David s Medical Center includes a
426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital
providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home
to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute
and St. David s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital
provides a complete range of women s services, including its
acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk
maternal and neonatal transport team, the region s largest Level IV
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex
surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a
24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse, Case Manager opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Associates Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred Experience
- 5 years experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 years
experience in Critical Care required OR 3 years experience as a
Registered Nurse (RN) with 2 years experience in Case Management
required With BSN:
- 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) required
- 2 years experience in Case Management preferred
- InterQual experience preferred License and Certifications
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Certification in Case Management or Utilization Review
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, coronary, intensive care,
intensive care unit, mhb, psychiatric, registered nurse, staff
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse, Case Manager, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!