Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want
in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join St. David s North Austin Medical Center, a facility that is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
At St. David s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Student Loan Repayment
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a
part of our team.
North Austin Medical Center's Department of Surgery is comprised of
seven units that provide a wide range of services. The Operating
Room consists of eleven suits dedicated to performing a wide array
of surgical interventions. Specialties include cardiac and
neurology services with the only kidney transplant program in
Austin. The Endoscopy Lab has three procedural rooms dedicated to
providing procedural services. The Pre-Admission Testing,
Ambulatory Services, Anesthesia, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and
sterile processing units all provide support for department volumes
that exceed 7,000 procedures annually.
Under the indirect supervision of the supervisor and Nurse Manager
and according to PACU and hospital policies and procedures plans,
implements, evaluates, and documents nursing care for assigned
patients in the post anesthesia care unit. Assists with any other
activities of the unit.
- Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical
assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.
- Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a
regular basis in accordance department standards. Pertinent data is
collected using appropriate assessment techniques.
- Incorporates available technology to aid in physical
- Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient s
immediate condition or needs.
- Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates
changes in the patient s condition to the appropriate patient care
- Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others
and health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler,
preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
during the assessment of patients.
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any tasks
that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his or her
current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural values,
religious beliefs, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to
learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and language barriers,
- Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and
reports as appropriate when required.
- Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment data.
- Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by
the medical team and other health care providers.
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the team,
formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for each
patient based on diagnoses derived from patient assessments.
- Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as well
as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and social
needs of the patient.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span to identify patient and family requirements
relative to age-specific needs
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set priorities.
- The plan is individualized to the patient s condition, age or
- The plan incorporates the discharge planning process at time of
- The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and
health care providers, when appropriate.
- The plan reflects current nursing practice.
- The plan is documented.
- The plan provides for continuity of care.
- The plan is appropriate to the patient s age, developmental
age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related
to the diagnosis.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient
- Performs skills proficiently and in accordance with the
standards of nursing care.
- Utilizes all equipment in the unit appropriate to patient with
maximum efficiency and effectiveness based on knowledge and
- Interventions are implemented in a safe and appropriate manner
- Performs nursing care in an organized and systematic
- Can organize work and utilize time efficiently based on
knowledge of nursing theories and procedures.
- Can interpret reports, data and medical information to
determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Can interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
and manage several abstract and concrete variables.
- Addresses patient s nutritional needs as appropriate.
- Verifies accuracy of medication administration by following all
- Ensures medications are kept secure and stored
- Educates patients on potential side effects of prescribed
- Explains the purpose of all prescribed medications and teaches
patient s the appropriate self- administration of medications as
part of discharge planning process.
- Evaluates the patient s progress toward attainment of goals
defined in the plan-of-care.
- Evaluation is systematic and ongoing.
- The patient, significant others, and health care providers are
involved in the evaluation process when appropriate.
- Is able to articulate the organization mission, vision and
values and how it relates to the SDHRN role.
- Advocates on behalf of our patients and their family.
- Continuously pursues patient safety.
- Teaches, supervises, and serves as a resource person and
delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff
- Serves as a preceptor and completes the appropriate
documentation of training and competency.
- Performs unit specific technical skills.
- Can manage multiple priorities.
- Has advanced time-management skills.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with people from diverse
- Is an engaged member of the unit and seeks opportunities to
participate on various hospital committees.
- Is an active participant in achieving facility patient
throughput goals of the organization.
- Increases the value of the care provided by ensuring efficient
and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensures patient charges are correctly assigned by utilizing
point of use accounting systems in supply rooms and other
- Manages incremental overtime by minimizing occurrence through
proactive transition of care planning.
- Manages time and attendance by arriving on-time for work
assignment, facilitating coverage when absent from work, clocking
in and out accurately.
- Is highly engaged on all service excellence quality initiatives
such as: rounding, AIDET, and KWAKT.
- Provides exceptional service to hospital medical staff.
- Assist with on call schedule as neededSt. David s North Austin
Medical Center , which is part of St. David s HealthCare, is a
425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility dedicated to the
highest level of women s health services, including maternity and
newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St.
David s Women s Center of Texas . The facility also features a
24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic
Surgery , the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular Center,
neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient
and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient
rehabilitation, among many others. St. David s North Austin Medical
Center is also home to St. David s Children s Hospital . St. David
s Surgical Hospital , which opened in October 2016, is a campus of
St. David s North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care unit, intensive care,
mhb, nurse, psychiatric, recovery, registered nurse, staff
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse-PACU/Recovery, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!