ICU Registered Nurse PRN $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: February 19, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want
in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join St. David's Medical Center, a facility that is part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare as
a Registered Nurse Neuro ICU.
About this role:
- St. David's Medical Center is looking for PRN RN's to work
within ICU Units across our local Hospitals.
- These are night or weekend opportunities.
- Twelve week commitments
- Earn $10,000 - $15000 Bonus for work commitment (bonus paid in
two increments) Apply today to speak with one of our Recruiters in
more detail about these great opportunities
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse Neuro ICU like you
to be a part of our team.
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Nursing Unit, and
according to hospital policies and procedures, the RN assesses,
plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for her/his assigned
Perform complete and accurate nursing on assessment assigned
- Completes admission interview accurately within 24 hours of
- Performs and legibly documents patient assessment completely
and accurately per shift, or more frequently, as indicated by
- Identifies changes in patient condition (i.e., test results,
abnormal findings, etc.) And reports to the physician and / or
Supervisor, Nursing Unit.
- Assesses and legibly documents patient's educational needs on
admission and throughout hospitalization. Plans comprehensive
nursing care for assigned patients according to written hospital
standards and physician orders.
- Initiates and individualizes nursing care plan within 24 hours
- Identifies and prioritizes relevant nursing diagnoses.
- Reviews and updates nursing care plan every 24 hours.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission. Provides and
legibly documents skilled care to assigned patients in compliance
with written hospital and procedures and according to physician's
- Performs and legibly documents nursing care according to
patient needs in a competent and timely manner.
- Accurately administers and documents medications within 30
minutes of indicated time or as patient condition warrants.
- Provides individualized nursing interventions based on
identified nursing diagnoses and plan of care.
- Carries out appropriate interventions based on identified
changes in patient condition. Evaluates patient care outcomes in an
appropriate and timely manner.
- Evaluates plan of care to determine need for Modifications in a
timely and prompt manner.
- Legibly documents resolution of patient problems identified in
plan of care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient teaching and revises
teaching plan as indicated.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities. Maintains
current professional nursing knowledge.
- Legibly documents evidence of a minimum of 6 hours of in-hour
staff development, in addition to mandatory education requirements,
or continuing education relevant to the clinical practice
- Completes unit specific competency check list and age specific
competency requirements. St. David's Medical Center is a
full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at
three locations-St. David's Medical Center, Heart Hospital of
Austin and St. David's Georgetown Hospital.
Located in Central Austin, St. David's Medical Center includes a
426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital
providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home
to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute
and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital
provides a complete range of women's services, including its
acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk
maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest Level IV
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex
surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a
24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse Neuro ICU opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Staff Nurse in an Acute care
- At least 1-3 years of experience as a Staff Nurse in a critical
care setting preferred Education
- Bachelor's Degree required for all new hires License and
- Active Texas Registered Nurse license required; If Compact
License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- Current ACLS/ALS required within 12 months of hire
- Annual NIHSS certification required within 90 days of hire All
Registered Nurses caring for stroke patients will be required
1) Maintain annual NIHSS per department direction
2) Maintain 8 hours of stroke education per year as per department
3) Must complete the mandatory stroke core measure module per
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Austin , ICU Registered Nurse PRN $10,000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!