Emergency Nurse Supervisor-Bee Cave Free Standing
Company: St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nurse Supervisor you want
in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join St. David s Emergency Center in Bee Cave, a facility that is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
At St. David s Emergency Center in Bee Cave we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment You contribute to our success. Every
role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the
opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated
Emergency Nurse Supervisor like you to be a part of our team.
- Patient assignments are made according to nurse s skills,
acuity, and staffing availability.
- Delegates to LVNs, and PCTs according to BNEs Rules for
- Assigns duties related to quality control: (IE: Hemocult, ACT,
crash carts, glucose controls/testing, and narcotic counts,
- Assures daily required check are completed as assigned (IE:
Narcotic counts,, glucose controls, crash carts, specialty
carts/specialty boxes are stocked/locked, etc.).
- Helps coordinate new staff orientation. May be asked to
participate in the performance evaluation of new staff during the
- Maintains awareness of patients status and current activities
of the unit.
- Follows up on errors, complaints, and occurrence reports.
- Helps to resolve concerns of staff, ancillary departments,
patients, physicians, and families.
- Acts as clinical resource to staff.
- Designates staff to attend fire drills and follows policies
according to all emergency procedure.
- Assists Director/Manager and House Supervisor in the
determination of staffing needs which may include calling staff to
- Consults with House Supervisor regarding bed assignments,
admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Knowledgeable and competency in EKG rhythm strip interpretation
and therapeutic interventions.
- Must be able to function as member of the Code/RRT teams.
- Provides input for staff evaluations. Required to assist with
the administration/delivery of evaluations and counselings.
Provides guidance to float and agency personnel. Completes
agency/traveler nurse evaluation as required.
- Receives and gives report on patients in the unit.
- Functions on behalf of Department Director or Manger in his/her
- Assists with the development and implementation of the unit
- Participates/completes employee evaluations/counseling as
- Accepts additional responsibilities from Department
Director/Manager ( IE: Kronos, counseling, budgetary process,
quality improvement activities, etc.).
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA s and Patients First safety
initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and
procedures. Assures that staff members comply with these
initiatives to include: Fall precautions/Isolation precautions/Core
- Demonstrates ICARE standards/Values at all times. Assure that
other staff members are held accountable for adhering to ICARE
standards and values at all time.
- Rounds on patients every day and addresses patient/family
issues/concerns in timely manner. Assures that staff are
maintaining Communication Boards.
- Assures that staff comply with ICARE/SDP initiatives (IE:
bedside shift report and Huddles/Roundups, etc.
- Performs Huddles/Roundups at the beginning of each shift
- Completes daily/monthly audits as requested: (IE: Critical
Values/Restraints, handwashing audits etc.) and follows up on
- Assure that staff comply with regulatory guidelines and/or
hospital initiatives: (IE: Notification OPO/Core
- Assures that all broken equipment is tagged and work orders
submitted for repairs.
- Assures crash carts/speciality equipment/reusable trays are
exchanged as is appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested. The St. David s
Emergency Center in Bee Cave is a full-service freestanding
emergency department that does not have attached inpatient
facilities. The SDEC in Bee Cave operates 24 hours a day, seven
days a week and is located in front of Bee Cave s City Hall at the
Hill Country Galleria.
The St. David s Emergency Center in Bee Cave is 10,875 square feet
and features 12 multipurpose exam rooms (one of which is a trauma
room); a CT scanner; a diagnostic radiology machine; ultrasound,
and its own stat lab for immediate, on-site results.
The center is staffed by board-certified emergency medicine
physicians affiliated with St. David s HealthCare, as well as
The on-site medical team is able to treat all urgent and emergent
medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine
injuries, respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration,
orthopedic injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency
Nurse Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse
- Minimum five years of critical care experience.
- Two years of Charge or Supervisory experience in a critical
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare
- ACLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare
- CCRN/PCCN certifications preferred Notice
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, license, licensed practical
nurse, lpn, lvn lpn, nurse i, nurse lpn, practical nurse, practical
Keywords: St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Austin , Emergency Nurse Supervisor-Bee Cave Free Standing, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!