Bastrop FSED Nurse Supervisor
Company: St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nurse Supervisor you want
in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join St. David s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
At St. David s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment You contribute to our success. Every
role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the
opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated
Nurse Supervisor like you to be a part of our team.
The St. David s Emergency Center in Bastrop is a full-service
freestanding emergency department that does not have attached
inpatient facilities. This ED serves as an extension of St. David s
South Austin Medical Center.
Features of St. David s Emergency Center Bastrop
10 exam rooms
On-site CT scanner; ultrasound; X-ray
On-site lab for immediate results
Board certified emergency physicians and trauma-certified
The on-site medical team treats all urgent and emergent medical
conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine injuries,
respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration, orthopedic
injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require sutures.
Assists the Department Director in organizing, managing and
overseeing the operation of unit. Maintains accountability for the
coordination of nursing activities on assigned shift. Directs and
supervises the licensed and unlicensed nursing staff in the
delivery of patient care. Utilizes the nursing process to direct
and deliver comprehensive nursing care to medical/surgical patients
in a safe a proficient manner in accordance with individual patient
needs. Provides nursing care to cardiovascular and med/surg.
patients. Provides guidance and supervision of registered nurses,
licensed vocational nurses, nursing techs and assistants, and
1) Patient assignments are made according to nurse s skills,
acuity, and staffing availability.
2) Delegates to LVNs, PCAs, and PCTs according to BNEs Rules for
3) Assigns duties related to quality control: Hemocult, crash cart,
refrigerator temperature, besides glucose testing, and narcotic
4) Assures daily charges are accomplished (NC, pulse oximeter,
glucose, crash carts, central sterile).
5) Helps coordinate new staff orientation.
6) Maintains awareness of patients status.
7) Follows up on errors, complaints, and occurrence reports.
8) Helps to resolve concerns of staff, ancillary departments,
patients, physicians, and families.
9) Acts as clinical resource to staff.
10) Designates staff to attend fire alarms and follows policies
according to all emergency procedure.
11) Assists Dept. Manager or Director and House Supervisor in the
determination of staffing needs.
12) Consults with House Supervisor regarding bed assignments,
admissions, transfers, and discharges.
13) May be required to maintain knowledge and competency in EKG
rhythm strip interpretation and therapeutic interventions.
14) Provides input for staff evaluations.
15) Provides guidance to float and agency personnel. Completes
agency nurse evaluation.
16) Receives and gives report.
17) Functions on behalf of Department Manager or Director in
18) Assists with the development and implementation of the unit
Associated topics: licensed, licensed practical, licensed practical
nurse, licensed vocational, lvn, mtp, nurse lpn, practical nurse,
practical nurse lpn, vocational
Keywords: St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Austin , Bastrop FSED Nurse Supervisor, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!