Company: St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want
in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join St. David s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is
part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
At St. David s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan RepaymentYou contribute to our success. Every role
has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to
make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse
like you to be a part of our team.
South Austin Hospital Surgery department is equipped with 9
operating suites, and 1 Cystoscopy suite. We perform procedures
such as neuro, orthopedic and cardiac. Our surgical volume ranges
between 5,000 and 6,000 procedures yearly, including over 250
open-heart surgeries annually. To accommodate our growing cardiac
volumes, we added 2 state-of-the-art cardiac OR suites,
conveniently located near our Cardiovascular Recover unit.
Flexible scheduling provides an opportunity for the staff to
advance their education. With approximately 50% of current OR staff
attending school, the unit offers the ability to move throughout
the department and explore other job titles. Due to the importance
of orienting and educating the OR department, we have a full time
educator on board to help meet the needs of our new and current
Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to
patients with a broad range of illnesses.The RN is involved in
direct and indirect patient care. The RN provides direction to
licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and other non-licensed nursing
personnel in providing direct patient care. The staff nurse
supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the
Medical Staff pursuant to the objectives of the hospital. In
collaboration with other health team members, follows the
philosophy, policies and goals of the facility and department.
1) Directs and delivers comprehensive nursing care to
post-anesthesia, post-operative patients in a safe and proficient
2) Assumes charge nurse responsibilities when necessary.
3) Performs venipunctures and administers and maintains IV fluids
and IV medications in accordance with hospital practice guidelines.
Correctly labels, calculates and regulates flow of IV solution.
Documents IV details accurately.
4) Provides proper oxygen supplement to patient either as ordered
by physician or as indicated by saturated oxygen level of less than
5) Identifies and corrects airway obstructions either by manual
application of jaw support or placement of oral or nasal
6) Notifies Cardiopulmonary Department of need for oxygen flow
meter to be placed in patient s room before transferring from the
PACU to insure uninterrupted oxygen therapy for the patient.
7) Utilizes proper technique and demonstrates knowledge of
extubation criteria when extubating patients.
8) Properly records admission assessment including all factors of
Aldretes Scoring System (Activity, Respiration s, Circulation,
9) Assesses and documents the patient s blood pressure, pulse, rate
and saturated oxygen at least every 15 minutes while in the PACU;
reports deviations quickly to the Charge Nurse.
10) Orients patients to surroundings, provides a calm atmosphere,
reassurance and support as the patient emerges from their
11) Transports or coordinates the transport of patients from the
PACU to other nursing units in a safe manner.
12) Gives reports on patients before releasing the patient to
another unit s care as evidenced by the signature of both PACU
nurse and the receiving nurse on the PACU record.
13) Immediate post-op care is performed in accordance with PACU
procedure. Appropriate responses to patient condition are taken.
Physician is notified of patient needs or conditions that require
14) Demonstrates safe, effective working knowledge of all
equipment: (IV infusion pumps, suction equipment, Emerson pumps,
pulse oximeters, pressure line monitors, heat lamps, automatic BP
machines, central lines, Hickman and Groshong catheters, etc.).
15) Checks potency of epidural lines and dosage, and attaching
epidural catheter to pump. Monitors patient for adverse reactions
prior to transport from PACU.
16) Demonstrate understanding of HCA s and Patients First safety
initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and
17) Occasional call and weekends may be required
St. David s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David
s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of
complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally
accredited oncology program with the area s only adult bone marrow
transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II
trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical
patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity
and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the
communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners
required; If compact license held, RN is required to obtain a Texas
RN license within 90 days of their hire date
- A minimum of 1 year RN experience required
- At least 2 years of PACU, Surgical Services or ICU experience
preferredLICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current BLS Certification required
- Current ACLS Certification required within 1 year of hire
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: care unit, ccu, coronary, infusion, intensive,
intensive care unit, psychiatric, surgery, transitional, unit
Keywords: St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse-PACU/Recovery, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!