Sr Business Development Manager - Military Health and Veterans Affairs
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Description Job Description: Leidos has an exciting career
opportunity for a Senior Business Development Manager focused on
our Military Health and Veterans Affairs business. POSITION
SUMMARY: You will be expected to continue to build the Leidos
reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process,
maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the
Health domain. The selected individual will be held accountable for
identification, qualification and capture of business development
opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline
growth necessary to meet or exceed the Division's and Operation's
forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will plan and
recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer
and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
**Telecommuting is available for this position. PRIMARY
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities,
including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required,
current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments,
and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors,
clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements,
acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle
- Work with program and management team in call plan development
and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities
after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all
the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development
process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews,
black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD
personnel and capture and line management to support cross
enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture
activities which support the business development metrics for
awards, submits, and pipeline..
- Interact routinely with various levels of management,
functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when
material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business
development process. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred in related technical field, and
12+ years in a Business Development position. (Additional
education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of
- Proven track record of successful business development at a
variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated access to key customers and industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win
probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture
efforts for Health agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a
security clearance. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the Health IT
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in
the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without
direct supervision. External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for
Telework: No Clearance Level Required: None Travel: Yes, 10% of the
time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family: Business Development Leidos is a Fortune
500 -- information technology, engineering, and science solutions
and services leader working to solve the world's toughest
challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil,
and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital
missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in
Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately
$11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more
information, visit .Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career
decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect
the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment
benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness
programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More
details are available here .Leidos will never ask you to provide
payment-related information at any part of the employment
application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only
through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If
you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for
payment-related information or any other personal information,
please report the email to .All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , Sr Business Development Manager - Military Health and Veterans Affairs, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!