RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse Neuro ICU Job
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have thecareer opportunities as a RegisteredNurse you want
in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity foryou to
join St. Davids Medical Center, a facility that is part of the
nation'sleading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare as
a Registered Nurse Neuro ICU.
At St. Davids Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met.
Weoffer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along withsome unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- PaidPersonal Leave
- 401k(100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- IdentityTheft Protection discounts
- Auto,Home, and Life Insurance options
- EmployeeStock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contributeto our
success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you
havethe opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a
dedicated Registered Nurse Neuro ICU like you tobe a part of our
team. JOBSUMMARY:Under the directsupervision of the Supervisor,
Nursing Unit, and according to hospital policiesand procedures, the
RN assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing carefor
her/his assigned patients. Perform complete andaccurate nursing on
assessment assigned patients
- Completes admission interview accurately within 24 hours of
- Performs and legibly documents patient assessment completely
and accurately per shift, or more frequently, as indicated by
- Identifies changes in patient condition (i.e., test results,
abnormal findings, etc.) And reports to the physician and / or
Supervisor, Nursing Unit.
- Assesses and legibly documents patients educational needs on
admission and throughout hospitalization. Plans
comprehensivenursing care for assigned patients according to
written hospital standards andphysician orders.
- Initiates and individualizes nursing care plan within 24 hours
- Identifies and prioritizes relevant nursing diagnoses.
- Reviews and updates nursing care plan every 24 hours.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission. Provides and
legiblydocuments skilled care to assigned patients in compliance
with written hospitaland procedures and according to physicians
- Performs and legibly documents nursing care according to
patient needs in a competent and timely manner.
- Accurately administers and documents medications within 30
minutes of indicated time or as patient condition warrants.
- Provides individualized nursing interventions based on
identified nursing diagnoses and plan of care.
- Carries out appropriate interventions based on identified
changes in patient condition. Evaluates patient careoutcomes in an
appropriate and timely manner.
- Evaluates plan of care to determine need for Modifications in a
timely and prompt manner.
- Legibly documents resolution of patient problems identified in
plan of care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient teaching and revises
teaching plan as indicated.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities. Maintains
currentprofessional nursing knowledge.
- Legibly documents evidence of a minimum of 6 hours of in-hour
staff development, in addition to mandatory education requirements,
or continuing education relevant to the clinical practice
- Completes unit specific competency check list and age specific
competency requirements. St. DavidsMedical Center is a full-service
medical center offering comprehensive medicalcare at three
locationsSt. Davids Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austinand St.
Davids Georgetown Hospital.Located inCentral Austin, St. Davids
Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute carehospital and a 64-bed
rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatientand
outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas
CardiacArrhythmia Institute and St. Davids Neuroscience & Spine
Institute. Thehospital provides a complete range of womens
services, including its acclaimedmaternity unit, maternal-fetal
medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonataltransport team, the
regions largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit andThe Breast
Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric
SurgeryCenter; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost forthe delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensatedexpenses.
If you arelooking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and
personal growth, weencourage you to apply for our RegisteredNurse
Neuro ICU opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highlyqualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock
the possibilitiesand apply today!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age...
Keywords: HCA., Austin , RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse Neuro ICU Job, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!