Austin TX - Paramedic Basic Lead- Full Time in Austin, TX
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: October 19, 2020
AUSTIN TX - PARAMEDIC BASIC LEAD- FULL TIME IN AUSTIN, TX
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Paramedic Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver
high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in
a professional, caring and cost- effective manner. Oversee task
performance of EMT partner and make or approve all decisions
requiring interpretation of clinical delivery and company policies.
The Paramedic Lead Technician has primary responsibility for the
operation for the unit to which assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and
* Responsible for all aspects of operations of the unit assigned
to. The lead paramedic makes and/or approves all medical decisions
of the unit.
* Responsible for maintaining optimal readiness of their unit at
all times including ensuring that the necessary equipment/supplies
are on board and in good working condition.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator,
EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR
and other procedures and medications as required to provide
advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction
and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information
and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize
call response time.
* Keep current on certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data
and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it
clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image
* Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information
is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when
determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no
* Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street
signs and address numbers.
* Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in
quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in
diverse cultural and age groups to interview patient, family
members, and bystanders, and ability to discern deviations/changes
in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the
* Document in writing, all relevant information in prescribed
format in light of legal ramifications of such
* Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as
to status of patient.
* Work collaboratively with all allied health and public safety
personnel at all times to ensure excellent customer service and the
best possible patient care.
* Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account
manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures. Assures policies
and procedures are followed, and communicates any performance
issues with their supervisor
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is
everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every
computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security
training, when offered. Report information systems security
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Negotiate with customers regarding additional service when
appropriate (e.g., return transport).
* Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members
(including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital
facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that
* AMR is meeting their needs and to determine if there are any
additional services that AMR is able to provide for them. Reports
these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a
* Actively solicits new business opportunities from facilities that
we do not currently provide services for. Reports any interest in
AMR s services from these facilities to the operations and/or
* Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and
establish strong community relations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical
stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely
affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and
balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of
equipment and other objects.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education
* Current state Paramedic License.
* Possess a valid State Driver s License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider
Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Austin , Austin TX - Paramedic Basic Lead- Full Time in Austin, TX, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!