Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist I - Austin, TX
Company: Karl Storz Endoscopy
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA)
Job Code: 10637
Pay Grade: US-B10
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning
its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is
headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all
U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging
systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1 operating room
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Surgical Operational Efficiency
Specialist (SOES) to work at our client s site in San Antonio,
Reporting to the Supervisor of Surgical Operational Efficiency
Specialist, the primary responsibility of this role is to provide
on-site, hands-on client support of KARL STORZ medical devices
(including hand instruments and video equipment) for the role s
assigned client. This role will be primarily working with the
client s Sterile Processing Department and Operating Room team
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
* Daily sterile processing/maintenance, management of the client s
KARL STORZ devices.
* Face-to-face client support, including Operating Room, Sterile
Processing Department and Biomed.
* Maintain the instrument sets so they are always in excellent
working order and ready for use; keep repairs and replacement
equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account;
preventative maintenance on all KARL STORZ devices; trouble shoot
video and instrument issues in the Operating Room; inspection of
the instruments and documentation of their functionality.
* Capture procedural and device usage data.
* Identifying and implementing reusable strategies.
* Perform complex and time-critical tasks with optimum
effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in
* Support implementation of reusable M.I.S. products from training
to procedural support.
* Provide training and education of KARL STORZ products.
* Tasks will vary depending on the agreement with the account and
will generally include:
* Transporting, cleaning/sterilization and packaging of KARL STORZ
instruments after use.
* Inspection, repair, troubleshooting and replacement of KARL STORZ
* Monitoring, reporting and facilitating repair/ exchange
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken
English language business communication skills. They will also have
demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented
* A minimum education level of a high-school diploma
* 2-4 years of experience in surgical technology, central sterile
processing, medical device (including hand instruments and video
equipment) repair, sales, or services management
* Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to
* Proficient computer user role requires documentation of central
sterile and instrument data
* Role requires the successful completion a drug screening for
safety sensitive positions
* Role requires on call/rotating weekend hours
* Ability to travel up to 5% of the year
Preferred, but not required
* Associate s or Bachelor s degree
* Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S. Locations
* Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
* 3 weeks vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
* 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee s first 6% contribution
* Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
* Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
* Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year
* Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
* Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
* And much more!
*Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible
except for where required by state law.
Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are not
eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program.
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee s
job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during
the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its
supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside
their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal
Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
If, at any point in the application process (including hiring), a
candidate would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability or a religious need, please email us at
Taleo_Administrator@karlstorz.com and we'll be happy to engage in
an interactive process with you.
Notice to Employment Agencies
This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by KARL STORZ
s Human Resources team. Human Resources will reach out to our
preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare instance
additional talent options are required. Your respect for this
process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited
Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL
STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral
* Back Share
Keywords: Karl Storz Endoscopy, Austin , Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist I - Austin, TX, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!