Office Coordinator, Valve Clinic
Company: St Davids Healthcare
Posted on: February 16, 2020
SHIFT: No Weekends
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David's HealthCare,
is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing
cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the
diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a
comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive
Wellness Program; six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid
ORs; three catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It
is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research
programs in the world. Heart Hospital of Austin has been named a 50
Top Cardiovascular Hospital in the nation by IBM Watson Health for
12 years. Additionally, for four consecutive years, Healthgrades
has awarded St. David's Medical Center (which includes Heart
Hospital of Austin and St. David's Georgetown Hospital) the
America's 100 Best Hospitals Award.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Works under the general direction of the Valve Clinic Coordinator.
Performs clerical support services such as computer data entry,
typing, filing, telephone triage and interfaces with the public on
department matters. Assists leadership or designee with scheduling
of staff, processing employee requests, PTO tracking, call-ins,
Primary duties and responsibilities: Administrative
- Coordinate scheduling in Meditech for diagnostic exams, clinic
visits, invasive procedures, and follow up as appropriate.
- Coordinate scheduling for physicians and ancillary staff for
- procedures as directed by valve coordinator and research
- Ensure clinic operations are organized and that patient
tracking is up to date
- Coordinate patient visits, mail appropriate paperwork (i.e.
clinic instructions, map, hotels, and research protocols). Travel
coordination as necessary. Answer phone calls and refer to
appropriate team member.
- Create and maintain patient medical history. Handle physician
and patient requests for
- records as appropriate. Customer service and patient oriented
- Obtain precertification of benefits on incoming valve clinic
- Create and maintain patient charts and workup for clinic and
- Performs duties as a representative of the department as
Primary Duties: Clinical
- Assures admission paperwork is available and actively
participates in the admission process.
- Responds to patients' needs in a timely manner.
- Obtain weight, height, EKG, 5m walk test, 6 m walk test, grip
strength test, and frailty on clinic day.
- Demonstrates ability to perform 12 lead EKG prior to completion
- Obtains weight and basic patient information for new
- Monitors and performs vital signs using a variety of equipment,
and reports abnormalities/unanticipated changes
- Provides clerical support.
- Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective
- Participates in peer review. Participates in developing other
staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies. Maintains
and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination. Assists with
patient charges as are necessary.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and
Utilization Review program.
- Assumes a role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care
- Provides services to the physicians, within his/her scope of
- Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross
- Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policy and
- Assures that patient equipment and supplies are available and
are in working condition.
Clerical support for the clinical areas
- Performs clerical tasks with promptness and accuracy:
typing/data entry, filing, copying, and distribution of
- Uses telephone and personal communications effectively. Handles
interpersonal relations with various customers in a professional
and appropriate manner.
- Collaborates with administrative and ancillary support
resources to ensure smooth logistical operations in the clinical
- Registers patients upon arrival.
- Assumes responsibility for the clerical end of maintaining
office operations such as, making appointments, contacting
personnel and/or customers and notifying Coordinators or designee
of unusual events that will affect the department.
- Maintains selected databases applications as assigned by
department director or designee.
- Assists in the set up and maintenance of department files.
- Assists staff in problem-solving non-clinical issues and in
adapting to the hospital culture.
- Responsible for assessing and maintaining department supplies.
Assures that equipment and supplies pertaining to responsibilities
are available and in operating condition.
- Performs quality improvement activities such as patient,
physician, and staff satisfaction surveying and analysis.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in
- Prepares purchase orders and contacts vendors as required for
- Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
- Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
- Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental
- Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital
and fellow employees - is a positive team member.
- Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and
- Develops specific work plans and due dates.
- Follows through on planned assignments within assigned
- Effectively prioritizes assignments.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept extra assignments.
- Adjusts to change, work pressures or different situations
without undue stress.
- Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work
- Effective in cost control and resource utilization.
- Maintains positive relationships with internal customers. Is
effective in interacting with and problem solving.
- Maintains positive relationships with external customers. Is
effective in interacting with and problem solving.
- Proactive in meeting customer's needs. Responds promptly to
customer needs or requests.
- Keeps Team Leader informed of problems, recommends
- Participates in education/development of peers and other
- SDH Annual Education
- Attendance Requirements
- Adheres to Department Dress Code
- Code of Conduct Refresher Course
- Other o Annual Competency Training (if applicable)
- BLS (if required) from the American Heart Association
- ACLS (if required) from the American Heart Association
- PALS (if required) from the American Heart Association
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED Minimum 2 years of secretarial and/or
Medical, hospital, or service industry background preferred
High school diploma or equivalent
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Current BCLS provider upon hire
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: St Davids Healthcare, Austin , Office Coordinator, Valve Clinic, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!