Radiology Technologist PRN
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Radiology Tech - Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos,
* Be part of a team dedicated to providing Texas Hill Country
residents with the best medical care possible, as evident by CTMC
being named a Center of Excellence for bariatric surgery, knee
replacements and primary stroke care by The Joint Commission.
* CTMC's highest priority is the safety of its patients and staff.
Recently, CTMC was the recipient of the Premier Hospital
Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN) Excellence in Patient Safety
Across the Board Award and is a five-time recipient of the Leapfrog
Group's 'A' for patient safety.
* In back-to-back years, CTMC has received the American Heart
Association/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines--
Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, recognizing the
hospital's commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most
* Located near colleges and universities to expand your career by
offering tuition reimbursement. Just one of the perks of the
extraordinary benefits package.
* CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide
information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize
a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease
management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy
living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public
for free or a minimal fee.
* CTMC is a proud member of the AdventHealth System.
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility
policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing
exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients
for any contrast allergies
* Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all
equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors,
monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and
skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols
* Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all
imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to
patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control
standards and utilizes approved personal protective equipment (PPE)
and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and
* Positions patient and equipment and selects technical factors to
produce radiographic images meeting Radiologist's standards, in a
safe, timely manner
* Performs clerical duties, including answering telephones,
completing patient record, filing and scheduling
* Performs direct patient care duties, within technologist's scope
of practice. Utilizes proper infection control techniques
* Performs basic patient care, including monitoring of patient
condition, caring for patient comfort, safety and privacy. Obtains
and documents patient history and explains procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
* Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
* High School education or equivalent and graduate from an AMA
approved school of Radiologic Technology or JCERT Accreditation
* Associates Degree in a related field preferred
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
* American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification
license in Radiography
* Texas TMB Certified Radiologic Technologist License
Performs Radiographic imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and
assists patients. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient
care within scope of practice and to departmental standards.
Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan,
to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal
agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Austin , Radiology Technologist PRN, Healthcare , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!