Full-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Cenikor Foundation
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Cenikor Foundation is a non profit organization and one of the
largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are
currently seeking full time and part time Licensed Vocational
Nurses for new facility in Austin, TX.
Schedule: M-F, 7:00am-3:00pm or 3:00pm-11:00pm
Responsible for working closely with nursing, program and clinical
staff to provide health services and professional nursing care for
- Provide health services and professional nursing care for
clients, including routine treatment per procedure or as
prescribed. Coordinate client care with nurse supervisor and/or
- Maintain processes with insurance department to ensure quality
length of stay and maximize revenue.
- Receive, update and pass on shift report per standards and
timeframes as required.
- Assist with obtaining medical history information from clients
and family members at time of admission.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing techniques and monitor for compliance.
- Act as charge nurse in absence of RN or RN Supervisor,
including handling client and facility issues and communicating
with appropriate management/physician as necessary.
- Provide information to clients regarding medication, nutrition,
STD's and hygiene in an individual or group setting.
- Oversee routine laboratory work, such as urinalysis, blood draw
as required and maintain accurate records of specimens.
- Observe clients, record significant conditions and reactions,
and notifies physician, nursing supervisor, and facility director
of issues as appropriate. Monitor vital signs upon admission,
during treatment and upon discharge.
- Maintain patient records by obtaining, recording, and updating
personal and financial information utilizing appropriate computer
software for reporting and appropriate billing and authorization
- Develop medical components of treatment plan and completes
nursing assessments. Track infections, STD's and positive VDRL,
HIV, verifying or referring for treatment. Administer specified
medication, and notes time and amount on patients' charts. Attend
staff meetings on clients' progress.
- Monitor treatment of diabetic clients to ensure proper caloric
intake and coordinates to ensure a proper diet. Observe patients
and reports adverse reactions to nurse supervisor and
- Administer CPR in emergency situations.
- Answer phones in nurse station as needed, taking messages and
transferring calls as necessary.
- Adhere strictly to HIPAA regulations in regards to client
- Assist in all functions associated with Admissions including
collecting and coordinating collection of client responsibility
with Business Manager and Accounting Assistant.
- Responsible for knowing 3rd party payor process related to
verification, authorization and reauthorization as well as client
responsibility and collections. Work with insurance billing
department to actively manager 3rd party payor clients to ensure
quality care and fiscal responsibility
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the
non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to individuals with
substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- Experienced in providing medical care to a diverse ethnic and
- Excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Possesses good time management skills needed to meet aggressive
deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Capable of performing job responsibilities in a professional
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor's
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including
appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited practical nursing program
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience
- Experience providing care for individuals with alcohol and
substance abuse, mental health and chemical dependency treatment
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Cenikor Foundation, Austin , Full-Time Licensed Vocational Nurse, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!