Operating Room Registered Nurse
Company: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: January 16, 2020
SHIFT: Weekends Only
St. David s Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David s
HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
With 171 beds, the hospital s comprehensive services include
advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St.
David's Round Rock the first specialized cardiac facility in
Williamson County with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the
county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency
department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma
Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's
Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David s Round Rock Medical
Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic
services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital
received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence
from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for
patient safety from The Leapfrog Group .
Weekend Position Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12 hour shifts. No
Under the indirect supervision of the Supervisor(s) of the unit,
the Registered Nurse is expected to implement the nursing process
(including use of using diagnosis), documents nursing activities
and intervention plan, as well as medication administered. The R.N.
provides leadership and supervises the care, maintenance and
activities of the surgical suite.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment needed for
patient care. Participates in budget control by using only those
supplies necessary for quality patient care. Make decisions of
moderate difficulty. Had direct contact with patients, physicians,
and hospital personnel. Always maintains confidentiality regarding
patient information. Accepts shift work and takes call as needed by
the department. Works with patients ranging in life span from
infants to geriatric. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of
HCA's and St. David's "Patients First" safety initiative by strict
compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
Essential Job Function
Plans age specific nursing intervention for assigned patients.
- Completes age appropriate assessment of patient prior to
admission to surgical suite.
- Verifies operative procedure and notes presence of signed
consent on medical record.
- Verifies allergies and communication information to team.
- Ascertains that history & physical are present on medical
record prior to anesthesia induction.
- Reports deviations of diagnostic studies to team members.
- Identifies and documents presence of internal and/or external
- Elicits patient s perception of surgery and understanding of
- Provides patient teaching and emotional support for assigned
- Provides and evaluates age appropriate direct patient care.
- Assists with the care of the patient during anesthesia.
- Positions patient properly for surgery.
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent intra-operative injury by
utilizing appropriate supports, and padding on restraints.
- Performs correct surgical preps.
- Administers medications and IV therapy correctly and
- Accurately documents nursing care rendered, operative procedure
performed, staff participation and other required information.
- Participates in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly
- Insures availability of safe equipment.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Takes appropriate action to prevent/manage accidents in the
- Participates in unit activities.
- Participates in budget and inventory control
- Participates in staff and self-development.
- Performs other duties as delegated.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- Facilitates cohesiveness of Surgical Services. Benefits
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
SIGN ON BONUS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Education & Experience
Required:Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; One year
of experience in operating room nursing; good guest relations;
attends seminars of classes in G.I. nursing.
Licenses & Certifications
Required: Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners AHA
BLS at time of hire. AHA ACLS w/in 6 months of hire for new
employees. Employees hired before 3/25/2014 have until March 31,
2015 to get ACLS.
Preferred: Certification by SGNA
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, coronary, intensive, neonatal,
nurse, recovery, registered nurse, surgery, tcu
Keywords: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Austin , Operating Room Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!