Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Posted on: December 5, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one
of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized in
2014 with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award . Founded in
1924 and l ocated in central Austin, St. David's Medical Center
includes a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation
hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It
is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia
Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute . The
hospital provides a complete range of women's services, including
its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk
maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest and most
sophisticated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center ;
complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center
; and a 24-hour emergency department.
JOB SUMMARY (Primary purpose of the position.)
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Nursing Unit, and
according to hospital policies and procedures, the RN assesses,
plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for her/his assigned
1. Perform complete and accurate nursing assessment of assigned
- Completes admission interview accurately within 24 hours of
- Performs and legibly documents patient assessment completely
and accurately per shift, or more frequently, as indicated by
- Identifies changes in patient condition (i.e., test results,
abnormal findings, etc.) and reports to the physician and/or
Supervisor, Nursing Unit.
- Assesses and legibly documents patient educational needs on
admission and throughout hospitalization. 2. Plans comprehensive
nursing care for assigned patients according to written hospital
standards and physician orders.
- Initiates and individualizes nursing care plan within eight
hours of admission.
- Identifies and prioritizes relevant nursing diagnoses.
- Reviews and updates nursing care plan every 24 hours.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission. 3. Provides and
legibly documents skilled care to assigned patients in compliance
with written hospital procedures and according to physician's
- Performs and legibly documents nursing care according to
patient needs in a competent and timely manner.
- Accurately administers and documents medications within 30
minutes of indicated time or as patient condition warrants.
- Provides individualized nursing interventions based on
identified nursing diagnoses and plan of care.
- Carries out appropriate interventions based on identified
changes in patient condition. 4. Evaluates patient care outcomes in
an appropriate and timely manner.
- Evaluates plan of care to determine need for modifications in a
timely and prompt manner.
- Legibly documents resolution of patient problems identified in
plan of care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of patient teaching and revises
teaching plan as indicated.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
5. Maintains current professional nursing knowledge.
- Legibly documents evidence of a minimum of six hours of
in-house staff development, in addition to mandatory education
requirements, or continuing education relevant to the clinical
- Completes unit specific competency check list and age specific
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Required: Graduation from a school of professional nursing. At
least 1 year of recent experience as an Staff RN in an acute care
Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree.
Required: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
Texas. If Compact Licensed, Texas License must be obtained within
90 days of hire.
Current certification from the American Heart Association as a BLS
provider. ACLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse (RN) Telemetry, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!