Architectural Design Director
Company: Sensory Interactive
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Sensory Interactive's architects, designers, and project managers
are combining technology and architecture to develop a new
generation of dynamic and engaging places. We're using our
understanding of space, materials, and construction methods in new
and totally innovative ways, creating immersive environments that
emphasize communication, interaction, and community building.
The Sensory Interactive team works around the world on high-profile
projects that include digital urban experiences, interactive
educational exhibits, sports arena display programs, and Times
Square LED spectaculars.
In addition to architecture, members of our diverse team have
backgrounds in real estate, construction, content development,
technology, and media sales. We're united in our desire to break
down the barriers between disciplines and collaborate on work that
exceeds our clients' expectations. We're also having fun doing it,
with a company culture that supports a healthy work-life balance
and offers some of the best benefits in the industry.
The PositionYou will lead our design team as we deliver creative
environments that engage the public and support our clients'
businesses. You will:
- Provide leadership to all design teams and project design
leadership on all projects.
- Build our team by hiring and training an exceptional team of
- Work continually to improve the quality of our design work, to
improve our processes, and to identify new opportunities to support
our clients' businesses.
- Work with Managing Directors across the firm to align processes
and to improve the quality of our work.
- Serve as the passionate advocate of design amongst firm
Responsibilities:As the Design Director, you will be responsible
for the design quality of the firm's projects.
- Serve as the primary driver of design quality within the firm.
Provide hands-on leadership on all projects.
- Create and maintain a service-oriented design culture that
shapes all project work. Foster a respectful, creative, and
- Maintain relationships with other Managing Directors that
improve shared processes, identify and expand service
- Architecture degree and a minimum of 12 years of experience in
an architectural practice. Architectural licensure required.
- Design authorship of exceptional projects that deliver
- Deep experience in the programming, planning, and conceptual
design phases of projects. Specific knowledge of entertainment,
retail, and sports practices is a plus.
- Experience leading high-profile projects for demanding
- Experience leading multiple design teams.
- History of coaching and growing designers at various
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship management
skills. Organize teams to deliver cohesive design and to
effectively meet deliverable requirements.
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible schedule. (up to 25%
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K profit-sharing plan
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Employee cell phone plan reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- Wellness incentives
- Continuing education
Keywords: Sensory Interactive, Austin , Architectural Design Director, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!