Outpatient Surgery Services Manager, Nurse
Company: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends SCHEDULE: Full-time Round Rock
Medical Center (Located in the Austin Texas area) St. David's Round
Rock Medical Center provides comprehensive health care to residents
of Williamson and surrounding counties. As a leader in the region,
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center provides leading-edge care in
Cardiac Services, Emergency & Trauma, Surgical Services,
Orthopedics & Joint Replacement, St. David's Neuroscience & Spine
Institute and Rehabilitation. SEEKING LEADERSHIP AND CRITICAL CARE
EXPERIENCE POSITION SUMMARY: This Position, under the supervision
of the Director, oversees the patient care team of RN'S, Surgical
Technologists, Central Sterile, PCT's, Supervisors , and other team
members as assigned. The Manager is responsible for daily
operations of the units, supervision of the supervisors and charge
nurses and collaborates on clinical issues and verbal
discipline/coaching with follow up documentation. The Manager
coordinates performance appraisal data gathering, monitors and
supervises unit participation in quality improvement, assesses
staff need for education and provides hands on patient care
coaching. The Manager is responsible to meet all, but not to
perform on a daily basis, job duties as outlined in the Registered
Nurse job description, when required by patient unit needs.
Qualifications EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required: RN with minimum
of three years of OR Experience. Preferred: B.S.N. with minimum of
three years supervisory experience. LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Required: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in
Texas, BLS, ACLS within 6 months of hire Preferred: CNOR ESSENTIAL
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Unit Operations: Ensures daily unit
operations in collaboration with other members of the patient care
team. * Supports the philosophy and mission ,vision and values of
St. David's Health Care Partnership through a positive interaction
with staff, physicians, patients and families.
* Interprets hospital and personnel policies to physicians, nursing
staff patients, visitors and other hospital personnel.
* Reviews patient and employee incident reports,OSHA forms, and
related paperwork within 24 hours of incident report and monitors
trends. Reports this information to the Director.
* Maintains complete staff/patient assignment records 100% of the
time. Assures case staffing guidelines are met.
* Develops and sustains an environment in the patient care unit
that supports excellence and innovation in clinical nursing
practice and patient care through assessing, planning, implementing
and evaluating programs and standard that support positive patient
* Performs a variety of staff management functions that include,
but are not limited to: o Interviewing o Hiring o Staff evaluation
o Counseling and termination of staff * Delegates authority and
accountability to nursing and ancillary staff for clinical practice
and patient care decisions that are consistent with professional
standards, regulatory agencies and organizational policies and
* Maintains an ongoing Quality Improvement plan and process
consistent with the organizational Quality Management Plan;
develops and implements unit specific standards, policies and
procedures that guide and support the provision of care and
services; continuously assesses and improves assigned departments'
performance while enhancing services. 2. Manages Unit personnel
Activities. * Ensures completion of daily staffing sheets by
* Collaborates with Scheduling, Clinical Supervisor or Director to
* Sets Priorities for the unit coaching the team to ensure
successful completion of tasks.
* Oversees compliance with hospital policies, regulatory standards,
* Plans activities to ensure competency of staff with ongoing staff
development for assigned unit.
* Conducts employee evaluations and counseling in a timely manner.
3. Actively promotes positive intra-and inter departmental
activities of the unit. * Serves as a resource to the patient care
team on clinical issues, facility policies and the use of hospital
* Exercises appropriate independent judgment. Performs efficiently
in an emergency.
* Takes appropriate action to manage/prevent accidents in the
* Conducts monthly unit conferences to enhance team building and
provide information to the team. Participates in and/or chairs
committees, work groups, and meeting as appropriate. 4. Ensures
that patient needs are met in a competent and timely manner. *
Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual
situations, and seeks assistance as indicated.
* Assures nursing interventions are performed and recorded
according to policies and procedures.
* Ensures compliance with infection control policies.
* Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
* Identified patient and family needs of the populations served:
recommends and/or develops new programs and services to meet those
needs; assures that age specific equipment, supplies and
educational resources are available for assigned units/services. 5.
Consistently exhibits behavior which demonstrates a positive
attitude and which serves as a role model to the staff. * Through
daily interaction, demonstrates the core values of treating those
we serve with compassion and kindness while recognizing the unique
and intrinsic value of each individual.
* Acts with absolute integrity and fairness. Treats colleagues,
patients and families with respect, loyalty, and dignity.
* Exhibits behavior that demonstrates a positive attitude and which
serves as a role model to the staff.
Keywords: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Austin , Outpatient Surgery Services Manager, Nurse, Executive , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!