Project manager - power delivery
Company: Mott MacDonald
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Our team requires a project manager, based out of our Austin
office, to play a vital role in leading the smooth running of day
to day project activities. You will be providing project management
support for the energy division, in particular the power team.
The office-based lead for project delivery function provides
overall coordination on scope, schedule, and budget for major
substation design projects as well as secondary expertise in
substation design and works with multi-disciplinary teams for
utility clients. As part of this role, the successful candidate
will direct and coordinate assignments for the delivery of high
voltage substations and the design/condition assessment of existing
Direct teams to provide the following elements:
* Engineering/technical guidance in the identification, analysis
and resolution of problems
* Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling,
monitoring and managing work activities of an engineering and
project delivery team
* Thorough and accurate reporting, correspondence, documentation,
schedules, GANTT charts (Development and distribution to the
project team, management, and client)
* Continuous improvement of job-related technical and professional
knowledge, skills and performance
* Contract and change-order negotiation.
* Effective change control and risk management processes.
* Effective team coordination and project financial skills
* Experience with MS Project and WBS accounting
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Effective project meetings (kickoff, client alignment, status
meeting, progress review, etc).
* Management of the client and project stakeholders, ensuring
effective business relationships are in place and trusted by the
* Provide meaningful performance related feedback to line
management and project team.
* Effective financial controls to ensure project profitability and
expected cash flow positions.
* Support of company s goals and represents the company positively
Essential competencies / skills:
* Technical Degree with exposure to high voltage substation design
* Successful candidates will be qualified with a Bachelor of
Science or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
* Project management and organizational skills
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Fundamental understanding of HV/EHV electrical engineering
transmission and distribution theories and principles
* Engineering/technical expertise and in the identification,
analysis and resolution of problems
* Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and
monitoring of work activities
* Ability to work well with a team of engineers, mentoring and
training other engineers
* Thorough and accurate technical reports, records, correspondence,
* Understanding of revenue and profit recognition over the project
* Continuous improvement of job-related engineering technical and
professional knowledge, skills, and performance
* Supports company s goals and represents the company positively
* Experience meeting with clients and supporting marketing
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* PE Professional Engineer or PMP- Project Management Professional
desirable but not required
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development
consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our
kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180
principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings,
communications, defense, education, environment, health,
international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power,
transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish
version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Keywords: Mott MacDonald, Austin , Project manager - power delivery, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!