Company: Tableau Software
Posted on: August 17, 2019
What you'll be doing---
The Manager, Sales oversees a team of quota carrying sales
representatives focused on direct sales to a specified market
segment & geography. This role works with each salesperson,
providing feedback, coaching and training to ensure quota
attainment. Responsibilities include monitoring activity levels,
implement process efficiency changes to drive maximum productivity,
and contributing to both new customer acquisition efforts as well
as up-sell and cross-sell efforts into existing Tableau
Some of the things you'll be doing include---
- Define and execute territory sales plans for assigned
geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals through
prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities
in new and existing accounts
- Build talent pipeline; coach, train and motivate and grow sales
- Plan and direct sales staff activities and objectives to
maximize sales volume as well as identify employee performance
goals and measurements, partnering with them to obtain positive
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales
and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the
- Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and
seven-figure deal victories on a regular basis.
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including
product support and sales engineering. Manage and track customer
and transactional information in a CRM system
- Provide product demonstration to prospective customers
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast and
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and
- Practice effective, excellent communication with direct
reports, management, customers and support staff
- Leadership and management of the Sales team including resource
management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
Who you are---
- Amazing Salesperson. Extensive experience in software sales,
including transactional sales and strategic selling experience, as
well as significant people management experience.
- Results-oriented. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in
a large geographic territory.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus
and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau's
- Energy and Enthusiasm. Willing to go the extra mile with a
strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- A True Team Player. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong
recruiter and motivator of people.
- Data Rock Star. Experience with analytics, data, databases or
business intelligence preferred.
- Technically Savvy. You don't shy away from opportunities to get
into technology - and you can learn it quickly.
- Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that
Tableau's products will improve the world - one person at a time.
Once you get it, you go all the way.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in
this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the
best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of
the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and
understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013,
Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business
intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We
are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal
to each other and our company. We value work/life balance,
efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and
making a difference in the world!
Keywords: Tableau Software, Austin , Manager, Sales, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!