Vice President of Accounting & Finance
Company: Velocity Credit Union
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ManagementJob Location Main - Austin, TXPosition
Type Full TimeJob Category AccountingDescription Velocity Credit
Union is seeking a Vice President of Accounting & Finance (with
team of five) who is responsible for maintaining accounting
transactions, entries and records and ensuring accuracy of
financial statements and reports. The Vice President of Accounting
& Finance will establish audit controls and procedures and monitors
compliance. This Vice President oversees operation of the
department, assigns duties, and educates and motivates staff. They
will also monitor input to the forecasting/budget module and
prepares reports for management. The Vice President of Accounting &
Finance ensures that the Accounting and Finance Department supports
the overall goals of the Credit Union and that Accounting and
Finance services are delivered professionally and efficiently.
Key Job Functions:
- Works in close cooperation with management to achieve the
operational and strategic goals of the organization. Communicates
and works with the CFO as needed to monitor the accounting function
and assist in the financial management and planning of the
- Ensures the general ledger of accounts is in balance and
current. Ensures all general ledger accounts are reconciled
accurately and timely.
- Ensures that organization bank accounts are maintained
accurately and reconciled timely.
- Ensures accuracy of financial statements and reports and the
timeliness of such reports.
- Assists in annual budget and monthly forecast preparation and
revisions. Monitors budget and forecast throughout the year.
Reports and explains variances to budget monthly.
- Manages the development and implementation of financial
information and control systems, including general ledger,
budgeting, cost accounting, mortgage accounting and other
- Provides financial analysis for on-going operations and new or
proposed projects. Assists with cost/benefit analysis, feasibility
studies and special financial statements as needed. Provides input
on loan and deposit pricing decisions. Assists with lending and
credit quality analysis as needed. Makes recommendations based on
- Educates, trains, motivates, and evaluates staff members.
Ensures cross training is performed regularly. Analyzes training
needs and develops programs to meet them. Conducts performance
appraisals as required. Formulates and implements corrective
actions as needed. Manages staffing needs and time off to meet
routine periods of higher workload during month end close and
- Directs schedules and coordinates department functions.
Provides support and assistance to department personnel as
- Keeps abreast of changes in rules, regulations, policies and
procedures governing Credit Union and adapts Credit Union policies
to comply. Enforces accounting guidelines and Generally Accepted
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and
procedures for the Accounting and Finance Department which further
Credit Union objectives. Assigns duties or objectives and monitors
- Makes recommendations for programs, services, or equipment
where efficiency or cost savings result.
- Maintains Credit Union insurance policies at adequate coverage
- Monitors and reports on Credit Union investment portfolio.
- Monitors and reports on Asset and Liability Management (ALM)
results. Coordinates with ALM vendor to provide data and
assumptions for quarterly ALM processing. Ensures ALCO report is
accurate and produced monthly for ALCO meetings.
- Submits monthly board reports.
- Performs quarterly updates to the allowance for loan and lease
- 10 plus years of accounting experience including supervision of
- Internal or external audit experience a plus
- General ledger conversions i.e. Fiserv Prologue a plus
- Credit union or bank finance and operational processes
- HR administration with an understanding of salary
administration, performance evaluation, succession planning and
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and concepts
- NCUA rules and regulations, policies and procedures
- State of Texas Credit Union Department rules and regulations,
policies and procedures
- Asset and Liability Management concepts
- Budgeting and forecasting processes
- Regulations specific to Credit Union operations, including
Regulation E, Regulation CC, Regulation D, Regulation DD,
Regulation J, Regulation GG, Federal Reserve Bank rules and
procedures, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML/& OFAC), CIP, FACTA,
Regulation Z (Privilege Pay), Regulation B, Fair Credit Reporting
Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices, laws governing use of
negotiable instrument, laws governing notary publics, operating
rules and regulations of Internal Revenue Service, the Federal
Reserve Bank as they relate to member accounts, wire transfers and
other related statutes
- Detailed oriented
- Can easily communicate analysis/financial recommendations to
- Coach and mentor
- Role Model
- Understands how to best distribute workload to the team and
cross training initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred
Work Schedule Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm. *Schedules are
subject to change based on business need; applicant should be
available to work during business hours.*
Velocity provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, genetics, sexual orientation, national
origin, age disability, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Velocity Credit Union, Austin , Vice President of Accounting & Finance, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!