Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Webex Contact Center
Company: Cisco Systems
Posted on: July 16, 2019
What You'll DoCisco's Webex Contact Center team is on a mission to
improve the world's experiences. You'll work with technologies and
platforms spanning cloud, AI and machine learning, analytics,
integration, connectivity, messaging and more – all to help the
world's leading global brands better engage and serve their
customers. With more than 30,000 customers today, we are leading
the market in developing and delivering more intelligent customer
and employee experiences at cloud speed and scale.
- You will always be recruiting, retaining and adjusting. Keeping
your team at the top of their game and motivated is one of your
many working threads running in a perpetual loop.
- You will devise and communicate top-level objectives and
measures of success to guide your teams, challenge them, and hold
them accountable. By doing this right, they will love you for
- You will partner with Product Management to devise an
executable roadmap that you will deliver with your team and peers.
PMs will bring the market requirements, you'll bring the technical
reality; the result will be a balanced, pragmatic, and aggressive
plan of attack that inspires the market and scares our
- You will make decisions about how best to execute and deliver;
you will consider the myriad of opportunities and constraints and
collaborate with others to come up with the best tactical plan
possible for executing the strategy.
- You will participate in as few meetings as possible; the
meetings you or your team do engage in will be purposeful and
results-oriented. You will be jealous of yours and your team's time
and focus and will treat it with the sanctity it deserves.
- You will not let your development skills atrophy. Not only will
getting your hands dirty enable you to scratch that engineering
itch it will endear you to your team and enable you to operate with
greater respect and influence.
- You will deliver high-quality, high-value software often and
will strive to cultivate of culture of continuous value flow and
the high morale that come typically comes with it.
- You will deliver trustworthy software by assuring the adherence
of security and quality standards and will, as part of your
development process, provide evidence to certify its
- You will run and operate what you build. You will embrace the
Development-Operations philosophy and devise an operating model
where product development and site reliability engineering are not
Who You'll Work WithWe are the fastest growing group within Cisco's
Collaboration Technology Group (CTG), the #1 global leader in
collaboration technologies. Our Customer Journey Business Unit is a
global leader in Contact Center solutions and we are growing our
Cloud engineering teams to build the next generation of fully
integrated cognitive and collaborative customer care solutions. You
will partner with technology leaders like Google, Apple, and
Amazon, working in a high performing, agile environment to
fundamentally change the way companies and consumers interact, and
helping to extend our leadership in this multi-billion-dollar
- You will be business partners with Product Management, equal
shareholders of product ownership; they will be the Chief Marketing
Office to your Chief Technology Office.
- You will work with staff Architects and Engineers at all levels
inside and outside of your immediate teams; managing up, down,
across, diagonally, inside and out – whatever it takes to deliver
- You will have the privilege to work with members of the Sales,
Customer Success, Support, and Marketing areas of the business
unit. It will not be uncommon for you to meet with and present to
cherished Partners and Customers.
- You will engage with the broader community inside and outside
Cisco. As a senior manager and executive, you will constantly look
for ways to build relationships and partnerships that help you
recruit and optimize your ability to deliver value.
Who You Are
- You are a Software or Systems Engineer by training, trade and
passion. You can still code a bit but your focus in the last 10
years has been enabling others to deliver more and more
- You are passionate about Product development and have even
dabbled in Product Management to some extent. You know what PMs do,
why they do it and you partner with them to help define the WHY and
WHAT so you can help your engineers know HOW and WHEN to
- You have seen a lot of architectures and designs in a variety
of styles, industries, and environments. You may have even been the
Architect or Lead on a few of these and you have the scars and
medals to prove it. You understand the role of Architects and know
their importance and how to empower and hold them
- You are opinionated about development methodologies and what
works and what doesn't. You are biased towards Lean and Agile
principles and practices and ultimately drive towards business
outcomes over output.
- You have the heart of a teacher. You love to be taught and to
teach. You can give high and low-level demonstrations and
presentations to a variety of audiences. You seek opportunities to
coach and mentor because you understand we are all students
yearning to grow. You pay it forward.
- You get things done and never give up. You are driven and
biased towards execution and delivery – taking on what needs to be
done and owning it through to the end and beyond. You lead by
example with your tenacity and extreme ownership ethic.
How You'll Succeed
- By creating a culture of safety that enable your team and peers
to feel empowered in making calculated risks and innovate without
fear of failure or retribution.
- By championing accountability through clear objectives and
measures of success that are continuously reviewed, adapted, and
- Through the consistent and reliable delivery of high-quality,
- By managing your team's capacity intelligently so that customer
value can be delivered rapidly while continually reducing the
amount of short and long-term financing needed (i.e. technical
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team
and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the
world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and
we use those connections to change our world for the
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking
that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that
accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers
entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart
Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a
culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work
and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka
dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with
Keywords: Cisco Systems, Austin , Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Webex Contact Center, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!