Senior Consultant, Product Management
Posted on: June 20, 2019
Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work
and live. But we are more than a technology company we are a people
company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over
100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth
and development opportunities. We cant wait for you to discover
this for yourself as a Sr Consultant Product Manager on our VXRACK
FLEX team in Round Rock, TX.
Showcasing excellence and innovation at every stage, Product
Management is responsible for the cross-functional management of
products or solutions through their entire lifecycle. Using a
wealth of technical and industry experience, we work across
functional areas to implement our products or solutions. We
undertake thorough analysis of the markets to ensure we maximize
profitability and adjust our product strategies to respond to
competition. Our role also involves acting as subject matter
experts for internal and external product events or partner
Responsible for cross portfolio planning for VXFLEX Family. The
right applicant for this technical role must gain a deep
understanding of all products in the FLEX family portfolio and
enable the business to translate business requirements into a
cohesive view that drives global organizational, process, and
technology changes at the portfolio level. Acts as an advocate for
the customer, as the ultimate authority on the architecture
designed to address business problems. Provides direction and
oversight for cross portfolio activities. Drives key strategic
initiatives and supports the development of long-term growth plans
and profitability objectives. Participates in projects that include
recommendations related to emerging industry trends, including
competitive threats. Analyzes market data to identify trends and
- Manages product portfolio roadmap and works to scope
- Works closely with multiple engineering teams to ensure product
implementation align with long terms strategic needs of the whole
- Applies broad knowledge of companys product/service
capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth
areas, new technology and emerging product/service
- Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for
optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to
create the next generation of new products.
- Works across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating
product plans and roadmaps, and communicating the impact of
product/ solution decisions to all stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other Product Managers, BU Leaders and
Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into
comprehensive portfolios for the BU.
- Acts as an "agent of change and continuously fosters the
sharing of customer, architecture, and technical information.
- Understands and interprets requirements by probing for
information, facilitating consensus building, and synthesizing and
translating ideas into actionable requirements.
- Oversees the portfolio integrity and maintains the
architectural vision of Flex Family offerings.
- Manages the portfolio by continuously monitoring the models and
updating them as necessary to show changes, additions, and
In addition to above, candidate may work closely with senior
leadership on a wide range of critical issues.
- Supports executive communications for internal and external
- Helps determine portfolio growth strategy through fact-based
- Identifies product strategies for Dells approach to various
customers and industries, often using qualitative and quantitative
- Evaluates new product/market business opportunities.
- Conducts competitor assessments and evolution of profit
- Prior portfolio level planning experience
- Understanding of the HCI market including key technologies and
- Server technology expertise
- Understanding of ITOM principles
- Advanced leadership skills for driving cross functional
- Typically requires 15+ years of related experience in a
professional role with a bachelors degree; or 12+ years and a
Masters degree; or a PhD with 8+ years experience; or equivalent
- Engineering or technical field experience
- Complex solution manufacturing experience
- Software defined networking and Storage experience
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class
benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities all
to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take innovative products and solutions from inception to
completion, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity
for all employees and to providing employees with a work
environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment
decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion
or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including
pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV
Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based
on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and
Inclusion at Dell here.
Keywords: Dell, Austin , Senior Consultant, Product Management, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!