S/W Compliance Manager
Posted on: May 18, 2019
THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create
software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of
digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise
Open Text has a global software compliance team that enjoys
executive sponsorship at the highest levels. This rapidly growing
team is looking for new members who are detail oriented and able to
combine strong technical, legal, organizational, and negotiation
skills to protect Open Text s intellectual property while fostering
and strengthening customer relationships.
Specifically, the Compliance Manager is responsible for
systematically engaging customers who utilize Open Text s software
to ensure that the customer s use of the software is within its
licensed software entitlements. If a customer is found to be using
software that is not fully licensed, the Compliance Manager
conducts negotiations and prepares appropriate license contracts
necessary to resolve all aspects of the non-compliance.
Other objectives include protecting the value of Open Text s
intellectual property, protecting and enhancing customer
relationships, and serving as resident experts of Open Text
You are great at:
* Develop, maintain, and execute a product or regional specific
compliance engagement strategy and process that balances the
protection of Open Text intellectual property, customer
relationships, revenue recovery, and other cross functional
* Develop and maintain related product use questionnaires to be
used during compliance assessments.
* Review the effectiveness of compliance tools, and drive the
development of new features and functionality as necessary in order
to improve compliance coverage.
* Identify key team members (and maintain these relationships) who
will contribute specific technical expertise (database queries,
custom reports, product understanding, etc.) for customer
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to assess product,
contract, and relationship specific risk factors for each customer
engagement. Analyze contractual, financial, and other documentation
to understand customer entitlements.
* Manage customer engagements with primary responsibility for all
phases of assessment from initial interactions to close-out of each
* Negotiate appropriate resolution of non-compliance issues
directly with customer and internal stakeholders.
* When needed, engage 3rd party audit resources to conduct onsite
audits and maintain effective relationships with other compliance
team and resources.
* Support customer and internal requests for information related to
licensing of Open Text software products.
* Maintain an appropriate communication plan with business
management and key stakeholders to inform them with details of
upcoming audits and assessment results and activity.
What it takes:
* Bachelor s degree in a science or business with MBA or technical
advanced degree preferred.
* 6 Years experience in software industry with both technical and
* Excellent contract interpretation, negotiation skills, and direct
customer facing experience are core to this role.
* Extremely strong organization and productivity skills to
seamlessly manage multiple complex engagements simultaneously.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
* Strong understanding of software technology, licensing, and
controls with ability to understand and interpret nuances of
software license agreements and contracts.
* Good understanding of business processes in large companies.
* Strong understanding of software license compliance issues in
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills required;
attentiveness to detail.
* Comfortable working across all business functions at every level
from individual contributor to C-Level executives.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to lead, influence, and team with others.
* Professionally persistent, patient, respectful, honest, and
strong under pressure, especially during occasional adversarial
* Up to 10% travel required.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best
talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual
orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the
recruitment process please email email@example.com
Keywords: OpenText, Austin , S/W Compliance Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!