Cloud Engineering Manager
Company: Civitas Learning
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Civitas Learning is bringing together technology, design thinking, and data science in our mission to help one million more students graduate by 2025. We are searching for a world-class Cloud Engineering Manager, or a cloud engineering technical leader looking to move into management, to join our mission-driven company and be a key leader on our Cloud Engineering team. Our philosophy is simple: hire amazing engineers, give them the best tools and work environment, surround them with a great team, and help them deliver amazing software. Civitas prides itself on being one of the top Amazon Web Services customers in the Austin area and the top Ed-Tech customer in the world. Cloud Engineering at Civitas includes managing over 1,300 AWS resources across multiple internal and customer-facing environments. As a top AWS customer, the Cloud Engineering team is given top priority in working with Amazon Web Services' Product Teams to drive requirements and feedback across various AWS products such as: CloudFormation, Managed ElasticSearch, Elastic Map Reduce, and Redshift. As a Cloud Engineering Manager you will work with each organization in engineering to help define, scope, implement, test, deploy, and monitor existing and new infrastructure and development-related tooling necessary to scale both client and internally facing products. You and your team will work closely with the engineering team in continuing to develop our data platform using technologies such as: Kubernetes, Apache Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kibana, and other cutting edge technologies. Responsibilities
- Lead the Cloud Engineering team to achieve diverse objectives in replicable, scalable ways and deliver security-sound products.
- Ensure best practices to maintain our most important priority: security.
- Provision, configure and maintain cloud resources including server instances, load balancers, security groups, DNS management, certificates.
- Optimize and elaborate on existing infrastructure components.
- Cross-region orchestration strategies and cost optimization.
- Act as a resource for Cloud Engineers on policies, procedures and technical issues.
- Direct planning of long and short term infrastructure improvement projects, including design, budgeting, and implementation. Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 7+ years of experience in professional software development with an emphasis on cloud engineering.
- 4+ years public cloud experience (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Demonstrates mastery in public key infrastructure design: SSH, GPG, SSL.
- Demonstrates mastery in intrusion-detection strategies.
- Experience designing cost-control systems.
- Demonstrates mastery in orchestration strategies.
- Demonstrates mastery in network design: DNS, subnetting, VPN.
- Familiar with Highly-Available Cluster environments: load-balanced services, fault-tolerant (master/slave) RDBMS systems.
- Demonstrates mastery in deployment infrastructure design.
- Familiar with monitoring/alerting technologies.
- Familiar with separation of infrastructure concerns: principle of least knowledge/privilege.
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and/or leading engineers. Nice to haves
- AWS certification a plus. About Civitas Learning: Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & studentsand measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes. Today, Civitas Learning is a strategic partner to more than 350 colleges and universities, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of partners, Civitas Learning is making the most of the worlds learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025. Civitas Learning offers medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401k plan. We also have a generous flexible, paid time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Civitas Learning, Austin , Cloud Engineering Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!