Android Engineering Manager
Posted on: December 8, 2018
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Android team. The team is passionate about creating the best mobile user experience to enable our users to easily find savings every time they visit the RetailMeNot app. Our app helps millions of people save money and discover great deals at their favorite retailers.
Our team works on mobile initiatives that enable us to provide relevant content to users at the right place, right time, and right price. We build frictionless experiences to discover and redeem savings while at home or in the store. We use analytics data, shopping pattern data, and location data to push personalized offers to the user. We constantly add new ways to provide more content and value for our users and merchants.
In your role, youll lead native Android software engineers to deliver product features and technical innovation. You will work with our product and design teams to define the roadmap and deliver maximum value and first class experiences for our app users. Technologies we use today include Android Studio, Java, Kotlin, Gradle, Team City, JIRA, Git, RESTful APIs, and more.Who You Are
- You have experience leading technical teams to deliver product features and platform improvements in the mobile space
- You're passionate about building and mentoring high performing engineering teams
- You have software development experience, preferably Android and/or other mobile applications
- You have experience using agile methodologies to plan and deliver increments of functionality
- You love the idea of using technology and data to power unique user experiences
- You focus on producing results and have a creative mindset to push beyond boundaries
- You have keen instincts for analytical analysis, technical discernment and risk assessment
- You have 2+ years experience in engineering management experience
- You have a Bachelors degree in computer science or a related technical disciplineWhat You'll Do
- You will recruit, coach and grow high performing engineers
- You will lead project management for your team, and take ownership of your team's delivery in close collaboration with product management, business analysts, designers, and other engineering teams
- You will drive iterative and on-time delivery of software
- You'll guide team members to make sound technical decisions
- You will guide your engineers to deliver technology solutions to improve user experience and drive business value
- You will champion engineering best practices such as code reviews and test automation
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve engineering process, employees success, and business successWho We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We have a wonderful open vacation policy.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.RewardsWe offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable- Long Term Incentive Plan- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave- Open & flexible PTO- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
About UsRetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Keywords: RetailMeNot, Austin , Android Engineering Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!