Creative Packaging Project Manager
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Favorite Child is a brand design offering within Periscope, a
full-service, award-winning creative agency and a Quad Company. Our
mission is simple: help brands reach their full potential through
the powers of design. We are an idea-centric, inclusive and highly
collaborative culture that combine world-class strategy and visual
craft to design brands and create experiences that capture hearts
and wallets. We're also a part of Quad, a marketing experience
company. We're looking for talent like you who can continue to
elevate our work and culture.
We are looking for a Packaging Project Manager with at least four
years of experience to join our project management team. As a
member of Quad's PMO, our packaging project managers are the hub
across all packaging development from kick-off through final
artwork development. Project Managers are creative problem solvers
who can anticipate project needs, think on their toes and build
upon strong client relationships. You will need to be able to
deliver a wide variety of projects on time and on budget, even when
changes are being made faster than you can hit "save" on your
computer. The Project Manager will be in continual communication
with internal and client team members through email, phone, video,
and in-person conversations to understand all details of their
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Act as the strategic day-to-day management and communication
hub on a multitude of fast-paced projects ranging from packaging
design, photography, and production acting as the liaison between
the client our internal teams.
- Collect proper and complete input documentation inclusive of
current art, client direction, die lines, printer specs,
pack-related, and pre-production content from suppliers and
- Schedule and attend all internal meetings: kick-off, present
maintained status, internal creative reviews, pre-production, take
clear and accurate notes and provide as follow up materials to all
- Act as a true partner to our internal teams to ensure they're
on task and informed, and that all resources are in
- Draft scope and timelines and manage deadlines and tasks with
an overall strong sense of urgency, humor and empathy to ensure all
deliverables are on time and executed flawlessly. Prioritize
project work based on launch, internal, and/or client team's
- Communicate with vendors, client, and internal stakeholders on
applicable concerns, inquiries, and required updates in a positive
and productive manner. -
- Proof and vet all deliverables for accuracy before submitting
for approval. Track product samples for and schedule custom
photography photo shoots. Schedule, route, and deliver 2D mock-ups
for online retail item pages.
- Possess in-depth understanding of client's business and
- Be a self-motivated, problem solver. Research first, provide
details discovered to date, and then ask for direction to complete
from internal leadership to solve.
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing
needs of the agency including but not limited to projects ranging
from traditional, print, digital, social, and broadcast media and
- You have been working in a professional capacity for four to
- You're fast. You're organized. You're cool under pressure. Your
attention to detail is spot-on.
- You're naturally collaborative and supportive.
- Your negotiating, creative problem-solving,
relationship-building and strategic-thinking skills are
- You maintain a sense of humor even when the project goes
- You're constantly thinking of "what if?" scenarios, and
providing top-notch solutions.
- You embrace a well-oiled process, but know creative solutions
- You just get advertising and marketing strategy, creative,
photography/videography, and print production.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-7 years of integrated project management experience in an
agency setting, preferred.\
- Retail project management experience is preferred, packaging
specifically is a plus. -
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft 365 tools,
and project management methodologies. Workfront experience a
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a
fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Keywords: Quad, Austin , Creative Packaging Project Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!