Early Learning Readiness Director
Company: YMCA of Austin
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Are you ready for an extraordinary opportunity as a Program
Director in the Early Education Department at the East Communities
YMCA?The Greater Austin YMCA is hiring a Program Director in the
Early Education Department at the East Communities YMCA. This role
involves organizing and delivering community-based programs,
leading events, and building relationships that positively impact
the lives of youth and families. The core responsibility of the
Program Director is to plan, organize, and execute the Early
Learning Readiness (ELR) program.ELR, a long-standing initiative
developed in collaboration with the City of Austin, Any Baby Can,
and local school districts focuses on nurturing the bond between
caregivers and children through play and learning in a supportive
environment. This program provides a stimulating setting to help
children (2-5 years) develop essential physical, verbal, and social
skills for school readiness. It also empowers caregivers with
insights into child development and strategies for skill-building
at home. Caregivers and children meet twice weekly over a 38-week
program cycle. The curriculum is designed to comprehensively
support the holistic development of young children, encompassing
brain development, early literacy, cultivating healthy habits, and
enhancing strong parenting skills. The ELR program is the
foundation for current and future achievements and
success.Location:East Communities YMCA -5315 Ed Bluestein Blvd,
Austin, TX 78723Salary:$51,000 to $55,000 annual salary for this
position. Final compensation is based on factors such as the
candidate's skills, qualifications, certificates, and experience.We
Take Care of Our People - Benefits & Perks:The Greater Austin
YMCA's mission isn't just a statement-it's a guiding force that
shapes our actions every day. Rooted in our unwavering commitment
to serving our community and esteemed team members, our mission is
a true way of life. We're passionate about fostering health and
wellness for all, and we're truly excited to introduce the
following comprehensive benefits package that has been thoughtfully
designed to prioritize your well-being.
- Health Insurance: We provide comprehensive health coverage,
including medical, dental, and vision plans, to ensure the
well-being of our employees.
- Retirement Savings Plan: We offer a 12% employer-funded
retirement plan upon meeting eligibility, empowering employees to
plan for their future.
- Paid Time Off: Work-life integration is important to us, which
is why we provide up to 48 days of paid time off over vacation,
holidays, and sick leave.
- Additional Perks: Free household membership to facilities
operated by the Greater Austin YMCA, which is worth $1,000
annually. How You Will Make an Impact (Essential Responsibilities):
- Lead and oversee all aspects of the Early Learning Readiness
program, ensuring its quality, effectiveness, and positive impact
- Develop, organize, and manage programs that provide
opportunities for youth and adults to achieve and develop essential
- Recruit, train, and supervise program staff to create a
collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Ensure that all new staff complete Greater Austin YMCA
paperwork and required training.
- Ensure the completion of necessary program and participant
paperwork to meet YMCA, grant, and other standards.
- Oversee and facilitate the successful delivery of the ELR
curriculum, aligning it with program goals and objectives.
- Secure schools, facilities, equipment, and supplies for program
activities and events.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with school staff
to build strong working relationships.
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies, including flyer
distribution, job fairs, Y special events, and school events.
- Ensure proper supervision of all program participants.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and incident/accident
reports are filed in a timely manner.
- Ensure waivers and appropriate risk management paperwork are
complete for all participants.
- Directly supervise staff, create schedulesand approve weekly
payroll in assigned program departments.
- Directly supervise and coordinate volunteers.
- Track and update ELR program attendance reports in multiple
- Compile program data and aid in the completion of grant
- Regularly observe, monitor, and evaluate programs and staff
- Develop and monitor program budgets to meet fiscal
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA core values and character
development model into all program activities.
- Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information
to staff, members, program participants, and the community.
- Develop and distribute program calendar and social media
- Build collaborative relationships and provide accurate and
timely program communication to Y leadership and community
- Identify and cultivate partners in early childhood space to
enhance existing programming.
- Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in
a timely manner.
- Attend any program or partner meetings as assigned and
- Participatein fundraising events and activities at the center,
including seeking donations for important YMCA financial
development initiatives like the Annual Campaign.
- Hold the ELR team accountable for achieving at high levels to
meet strategic goals and objectives.
- Model inclusive leadership behaviors and embrace all dimensions
of diversity - building strong teams that apply their diverse
skills and perspectives to our mission.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and managing all direct
reports and ensuring alignment with association people practices
for all positions within their organizational structure.
- Conduct cycle check-ins and the Annual Check-In with direct
reports to ensure progress with OKRs, provide ongoing coaching and
feedback, and discuss development opportunities.
- Responsible for meeting Strategic Plan metrics and Objectives
and Key Results (OKRs) assigned to the department.
- Implements a goal-based leadership approach (OKR methodology)
and ensures direct reports are actively working towards supporting
organizational-level objectives and key results.
- Represent the Greater Austin YMCA locally, regionally, and
nationally, both inside and outside the organization.
- Expand learning and personal skill development through
participation in local and national events and career development
- Participate fully in Association events conducted for staff and
- Complete duties as assigned.What You Bring to Powe Your
Purpose: You have demonstrated success in delivering and growing
programs as well as implementing innovative strategies to serve
youth and adults. You possess a positive attitude and are grounded
by a passion to serve those who need our assistance the most. You
have the ability to think creatively, adapt regularly, and solve
challenges in order to deliver high-quality and impactful programs.
- Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Preferred qualifications include a bachelor's degree in areas
such as human services, youth programming, public health,
education, child development, or related fields.
- An ideal candidate may also have a background in program
management, child care, or a related discipline supported by a
blend of education, experience, and training.
- Bilingual proficiency in both English and Spanish is
- Prior experience in program management, particularly in early
childhood education or related fields, is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and coaching teams.
- Proven experience in overseeing programs and coordinating
- Strong attributes of maturity, exceptional leadership skills,
and a goal-driven, energetic approach are highly regarded.
- You're a Cause-Driven Leader - You are effective at:
- Advancing our mission and cause - providing visionary
leadership to ensure resources are mobilized to adapt to new
challenges and needs in the community.
- Building relationships - connecting people to the Y's cause by
developing inclusive relationships, partnerships, and
collaborations to co-create solutions to pressing social
- Leading operations - ensuring relevance, effectiveness, and
sustainability of the organization so we can continue to fulfill
our promise to the community.
- Developing and inspiring people - supporting the holistic
development of self and others so everyone can embrace the Y's
cause, sustain our culture, and inspire others to action. Physical
Requirements:While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, talk, and
occasionally lift and/or move items, including equipment,
furniture, and/or children. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functionsAbout Us:The Greater Austin YMCA is a dynamic, equitable
force in the community that helps people of all backgrounds improve
their total wellbeing and quality of life. Founded in 1953 and
anchored in three Central Texas counties, the Y is a $40 million
community enterprise that serves nearly 100,000 people annually
through eight centers. We also provide afterschool education and
care at more than 70 licensed campuses in four school districts.
Unlike any other organization in the region, the Austin Y has the
unique ability to welcome, educate and elevate all, and iscommitted
to creating innovative programs, places---and people.Additional
Information:The organization has reviewed this job description to
ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities.
Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by
supervisors as deemed appropriate.The Greater Austin YMCA provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Greater
Austin YMCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing
non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have
employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: YMCA of Austin, Austin , Early Learning Readiness Director, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!