Director - Card Portfolio Credit Strategy and Analytics
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Ref # 16353
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's more
than some clich-- people put on job postings. We live this stuff!
We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families,
friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our
focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as
work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous
benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to
build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves
professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new
things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your opportunities
We are looking for a dynamic leader with vision to join our
portfolio credit strategy team. You will help shape credit strategy
that will have direct impact to the credit card portfolio. This is
an opportunity to join a very hardworking and driven team working
on solutions to core business problems using innovative
The Work Itself
- Drive credit strategies for existing credit card customers.
Strategy treatment areas include Credit Line Increase, Closure,
Multicard, Product Upgrades, Balance Build, Purchase Stimulation
- Maintain close integration with Acquisition Strategy
counterparts to ensure a tight feedback loop across Acquisition and
Portfolio Valuations and Strategies.
- Partner with Decision Science/Modeling partners to influence
the statistical model development to be used in portfolio
- Advance an integrated test-and-learn agenda in concert with the
Marketing functions, that seeks to optimize the outcomes
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor
empirical results of various test and roll-out programs.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to drive insights on performance and
find opportunities to optimize the strategy.
- Lead and update valuation models that estimate the unit
economics at a highly granular level. Estimate and frequently
update the loss and revenue curves for various segments to
continually improve the accuracy of valuations and the associated
The Skills You Bring
- Typically requires 7+ years of experience in relevant
- Bachelor's degree (or above) or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of unsecured credit as well as extensive
knowledge of financial analysis, effective risk management
practices, and analytical methodologies
- Experience in Consumer finance or consulting or corporate
- The candidate must be very comfortable working hands-on with
large analytical datasets to perform complex analysis and extract
- Demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and solve problems
- Self-starter; comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated structured and critical thinking ability.
- High degree of expertise with SQL, Excel, and
- Expertise with Python, Tableau, or other data analysis
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and
pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving
personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or
total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to
support and enrich your personal and professional life,
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off,
including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with
an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and
company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance
programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and
insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health
Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being
program that helps you and your family stay on track physically,
socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support
as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and
adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters -
Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight
Watchers - program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial
services company with passionate customer service and innovative
financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it
Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our
consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more
information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status,
military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason
protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
For accommodation requests, email us at email@example.com. Ally will
not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of
performing the essential functions of the job with or without
Base Pay Range:
Incentive Compensation: This position is eligible to participate in
our annual incentive plan
Keywords: Ally, Austin , Director - Card Portfolio Credit Strategy and Analytics, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!