Company: Solera Senior Living
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Love to make a difference in the lives of seniors? -At Solera
Senior Living we are led by our Core Values which guide our
decision-making at every level of our company. We are looking for
compassionate individuals who want to join our team!
What can Solera offer you?
- A company that is growing so you can grow too!
- Ability to be paid immediately, no more waiting for paycheck
- Interested in returning to school? - We have a tuition
- A great team of co-workers
- Comprehensive medical plan that includes discounted gym
- Dental/vision/life/disability benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid holidays and time off
- Perks and discount programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are constantly asking ourselves to think outside of the box,
utilize technology to improve lives, honor our relationships with
one another, and make a meaningful difference in our community. -
-Our leadership team is made up of passionate people who have a
true connection to seniors and their families, and who are
dedicated to helping others' grow and thrive.
Solera's Core Values:
Listen---we flat out LOVE what we do -and if our story resonates
with you, and you want to LOVE what you do every day - -we want to
Overview & Responsibilities
The Nurse Director provides direct nursing care to residents and
delegates and supervises the care provided by medication care
specialists. Administers medications, performs treatments and
procedures, obtains specimens as needed, completes documentation as
required. -The essential duties and responsibilities described
below are representative of those a team member encounters while
performing the basic functions of the position. While every effort
has been made to identify the essential functions of the position,
it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you
will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the position. -
- Document resident status as per -policy. -
- Provide daily supervision to assigned team members and directly
provide nursing care to residents as -assigned.
- Participate in the move in of new -residents. -
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL),
-family/social activities and actively promote independent
-life-style -of -residents. -
- Respond to -residents -call system promptly and -courteously.
- Responsible for identification of resident medical and
behavioral changes and -the -development -and -monitoring -of -care
-plans -and -re-assessment -of -each resident. -
- Provide daily report -to the -Community Wellness Director
concerning -community -conditions, personnel -performance,
-resident -conditions, and -needs -for nursing -supplies.
- Provide nursing care according to physician's orders and in
conformance with recognized nursing practice, established
standards, and administrative -policies. -
- Ensure preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative services to
residents and -assists in the coordination of nursing care with
care rendered by other -disciplines. -
- Make -rounds -with -physicians, -assist -in -examinations
-and/or -treatment -of -residents and carries out -orders.
- Assess resident and notify attending physician and responsible
party in -the -event of a change in the resident's -condition.
- Accurately administer prescribed medications, supervise the
continuity of nursing care, respond to changes in medical
condition, medications or other -circumstances requiring special
care needs and perform first aid as -required. -
- Provide daily supervision and leadership to assigned team
members and other designated personnel in meeting the resident's
needs. Demonstrate good -decision making -skills. Provide written
evaluation and oral counseling of assigned team members. -
- Assess and monitor complex resident health status and determine
the appropriate nursing intervention. Develop and monitor the
ongoing plan of care with -resident and initiate corrective action
as -necessary. -
- Orient residents and team members to emergency procedures and
respond to all emergency -situations. -
- Complete and sign incident reports and provide follow-up as
- Assure that all resident records are accurate, complete and all
mandatory forms are on file. Through familiarity and application of
community policies and procedures, assure that nursing care is
practiced in full accordance with regulatory requirements,
community quality standards, and resident -rights. -
- Monitor resident environment to ensure all safety and sanitary
regulations -and -quality standards are met or exceeded. May assist
with development and presentation of in-service programs.
- The community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end,
all team members are expected as a condition of employment to
practice excellent customer service in all interactions with
residents, fellow team members, and -guests. -
- Follow Residents' Rights policies at all -times. -
- Observe all community policies and -procedures. -
- Accept assigned duties, instructions or correction in a
cooperative manner, -voicing concerns or disagreement in a
professional manner through established chain of authority
according to state -procedures. -
- Perform -incidental -housekeeping -and -maintenance -tasks -as
-may -arise -during -the -course of -regular duties, in order to
-maintain -a -clean, safe, pleasant environment -for -residents,
visitors and -team -members. -
- Perform -all -other -related duties -as assigned in an
-effective, timely, and professional manner. -
- Current nursing license in state where employed. -
- One year -experience working as nurse and -one year -experience
working with people with Alzheimer's or other dementia -preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork skills. Ability to routinely
process written information as in policies and procedures, posted
notices, instruction materials. Complete forms and other written
documentation. Observe resident actions, gestures, facial
- Possesses good character and displays high -degree -of personal
integrity. Displays sincere compassion towards cognitively impaired
older adults. -Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and
emotional needs of older people and their families. -
- Required to participate in Covid-19 testing as requested by
administration, ownership or the State Regulatory
- Required to receive or provide documentation of the Covid-19
Vaccine, excluding religious or medical exemptions.
- Required to receive the annual Flu vaccine, excluding religious
or medical exemptions.
Keywords: Solera Senior Living, Austin , Nurse Director, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...