SEO Manager, Remote
Company: Outspoken Media
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The SEO Manager is a fully remote position that oversees SEO and
content strategy team interns, junior team members such as
Marketing Assistants, and mid-level marketers such as SEO Analysts
and SEO or Content Strategy Specialists across US time zones.
Apply if you are passionate about the intersection of growth
strategies, technical SEO, analytics, user experience, and content
and creative strategy and implementationeven if you arent sure if
you fit 100% of the requirements.
If youre able to source credible solutions to both common and
complex problems, even if you lack years of hands-on experience,
you may have what it takes for long-term SEO success. Thriving in
our agency is a combination of both hard and soft skills and were
looking for someone to add to the performance and culture of our
team--not just fit in.
As a fast-paced digital marketing agency, we work closely together
to complete projects providing analysis, recommendations, and
implementation of technical SEO, content, creative, and reporting
solutions. Our clients range from small, privately owned businesses
to international non-profit organizations and eCommerce companies
across a variety of industries. We are also purpose-driven and very
passionate about creating a positive change in our communities.
The SEO Manager will help shape the future of the SEO success at
Outspoken Media and would serve as an experienced point of contact
internally and externally about SEO. The ideal candidate would have
the ability to interact with people at all levels of the agency,
fostering strong cross-functional teamwork working with departments
including Leadership, Technology, Content, Creative, Digital PR,
Operations, and Client Services as well as subject matters experts,
contractors and clients to consult, create, shape, QA, monitor and
What to expect as an SEO Manager:
- Your team = SEO
- Your supervisor = CEO and Lead Strategist
- Your day = -9 am EST start; 9:30 am management standup and 10
am team stand up; mix of deep work, internal meetings, and client
calls (manage your work blocks to maintain uninterrupted time, but
anticipate daily triage and shifting priorities); wrap up 5-6 pm
based on team needs
- Your responsibilities = (see below)
- How youll be managed = 1:1s w/Supervisor; quarterly performance
reviews; career development; onboarding; personalized training;
continuous feedback and recognition
- The culture = constantly curious towards the industry, clients,
team and self; dedicated to achieving results, being reliable and
establishing trust; kind to each other and the world with honest
communication, inclusive decision making, and a positive attitude
and growth mindset
Were looking for someone to enhance and add their unique
experiences and perspective to our team, not just to fit in!
- Exemplify Outspokens core values in all internal and external
communications striving to establish the agency as a best place to
- Maintain a working knowledge of junior and mid-level SEO duties
and responsibilities while also contributing to the production of
- Maintain an average billable capacity of sixty percent when
prioritized by Client Services or otherwise instructed by Direct
- Oversee SEO deliverables and team members with day-to-day
communication for SEO consulting, SEO strategy, SEO audit, content
audit, and competitive gap analysis services for your assigned
accounts to ensure work is delivered on time, budget, and meets
client and agency standards for quality and effectiveness.
- Delegate tasks to direct reports and oversee SEO team standups
including coordination with Client Services and other SEO Managers
for prioritization and capacity planning relative to team and
- Establish, maintain and execute a vision for your team in
alignment with other managers, Direct Supervisor and Leadership
objectives until otherwise directed.
- Maintain an understanding of and perform duties in accordance
with managerial standards, agency policies, and operational
- Build and improve relationships with clients, leaders,
managers, employees, and prospective team members and
- Identify potential business, client, and team opportunities and
needs and inform the Direct Supervisor or other Department heads to
- Attend to client, team member, and contractor complaints and
resolve issues promptly or direct to appropriate Department
- Work with team members and other internal departments to ensure
the company meets or exceeds clients expectations ensuring quality
work is performed on time and budget.
- Participate in hiring and onboarding processes.
- Participate in team development and day-to-day management of
direct reports including reviews, one-on-one meetings, hard and
soft skill development, progressive disciplinary processes,
operational procedures, and promotions for direct reports.
- Ensure the company proactively supports team members and
remains in compliance with state and federal requirements as it
relates to the position.
- Develop and implement training opportunities and documentation
for direct reports and other team members and clients for SEO and
- Organize and maintain internal and client-facing documentation
using industry and agency tools to the extent necessary.
- Attend client calls and engage in other client-facing
conversations across various internal and external communication
channels and platforms.
- Grow professionally through continuing education in alignment
with Direct Supervisor and agency objectives. May include third
party courses, in-person training, webinars, industry reading,
- 1-3 years of proven work experience as a SEO Manager or
hands-on experience managing SEO consulting within a digital
agency, advertising agency or comparable environment.
- 2-5 years of proven work experience within a digital agency,
advertising agency or comparable environment working across
multiple industries and organizations.
- Working knowledge of and experience maintaining:
- SEO and digital growth industry best practices, tools, and
- SEO and content governance including documentation, educational
resources, and checklists;
- technical SEO knowledge;
- analytics, dashboard, and reporting knowledge;
- off-site and vertical SEO;
- content systems, processes, and workflows;
- CMS and digital platforms, calendars, project management tools,
and ticketing systems;
- free, paid and enterprise industry tools;
- content and creative standards for SEO and user
- brand and legal guidelines and approval processes;
- and various approaches to SEO and information
- Demonstrated proficiency managing SEO project roadmaps and
refining the deliverable process to increase efficiency, improve
quality, and deliver on time and within budget.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Google Drive, Docs,
Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Gmail, Microsoft Office, Slack, and
client-specific content tools and platforms.
- Experience with reviewing deliverables for quality assurance
ensuring no potential risks.
- Embodies core company values of curiosity, dedication, and
kindness and internal values of honesty, inclusion and
- Possesses additional managerial skills including:
- organization and planning,
- enthusiasm/ability to motivate others,
- ability to develop and support others,
- capability of visioning and strategic planning,
- setting high standards and goals,
- taking initiative and proactively facilitating
- valuing and promoting teamwork,
- comfortability delivering and receiving constructive
- and a focus on client satisfaction and team well-being.
- Operates with:
- a sharp attention to detail,
- respect for others,
- a strong work ethic and an ability to follow through on
- flexibility and adaptability,
- active listening skills,
- effective written and oral communication skills,
- analytical and creative thinking skills,
- and the ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Ability to work with all levels of clients and management.
- Can type at least 40 words per minute.
- The willingness to learn new technologies with or without
- Familiarity with the different browsers and the differences
- BA/BS is preferred or equivalent experience in a related
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Company Benefits & Total Rewards:
- Full-Time Salary
- Flexible Schedule & Work Environment
- Training & Development
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- Monthly Remote Work Stipend
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Company/Public Holidays)
- Managerial Benefit Supplement & Health Care Plan (Medical,
Dental & Vision)
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with 3% Company Match
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, AD&D)
Keywords: Outspoken Media, Austin , SEO Manager, Remote, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!