VP, Data and Analytics
Company: Science 37
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of
breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to
patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables
universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster
enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient
population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a VP, Data
and Analyticseager to make an impact within a mission-driven
The Vice President of Data and Analytics leads the strategy,
implementation, and operations of data platforms across the Science
37 enterprise that will support analytics and AI for both the
Science 37 platform and corporate reporting. The VP, Data and
Analytics will deliver insights to business and clinical teams
through standard reports, dashboards, and advanced AI solutions.
Data will be timely and accurate powered by flexible and robust
data ingest, end-to-end data governance, strong data standards, and
state of the art technologies. Data solutions will be secure and
adhere to all appropriate industry regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead vision and strategy for data and analytics
- Lead implementation and operations teams for data pipelines,
data storage, data lake, and analytics platforms
- Provide strategic input on product direction and features
relating to data and analytics
- Deliver reports and dashboards to product team and corporate
- Engage with customers and vendors to communicate the Science 37
- Establish and operate lightweight data governance across
- Drive data standards
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related
- 15+ years of professional experience in data and analytics
- Experience leading teams building data warehouse, analytics,
and AI solutions
- Experience with modern cloud-based data platforms
- Business insights on the value of data driven solutions for
accelerating clinical trials
- Deep understanding of clinical trial source systems including
EDC, RTSM, CTMS, eTMF, eCOA, Safety
- Understanding of real-world data including claims,
prescriptions, EMR, and HCO/HCP data
- Knowledge of CDISC data standards
- Knowledge of 21 CFR compliance
- Experience implementing data anonymization and
- Strong understanding of modern data modeling and data
- Thorough understanding of both SQL and No-SQL databases and
- Experience in a fast-moving, growth-minded startup, and are
comfortable with needing to be flexible and adaptable as
- Demonstrated thought leader- ability to identify new ideas,
techniques, and opportunities for improving access to patients,
trial design, and operational efficiencies.
- Strong leadership skills - Ability to develop strong
relationships throughout the organization and influence senior
leaders and teams. Proven leadership skills with the ability to
develop, coach and manage a team.
- Expertise in modern software development methodologies -
experience with Agile, DevOps, and highly automated cloud delivery
- Expertise in project management - demonstrated ability to
successfully manage people/projects.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical research - Understands the drug
development process. Knowledgeable about the critical elements for
success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to
- Knowledgeable about industry data standards - working knowledge
of current data standards used in clinical trials such as CDISC and
reference data such as ICD, SNOMED, and MedDRA.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates
strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
establish and maintain positive Sponsor, project team member and
internal Science37 relationships. Ability to conduct effective
- Practice's professionalism and integrity in all actions -
Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation,
self- control, and flexibility to get the work done.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and
- Up to 20% travel, as needed for leadership team meetings,
client presentations and other professional meetings/conferences as
The incumbent reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer who
will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance.
Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with
- Data Architect (s)
- Data Platform Technical Lead
- Analytics Platform Technical Lead
- Platform Operations Lead
At Science 37, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and
competitive total reward package that supports you at all stages of
your career - both now and into the future. Our success depends on
the knowledge, capabilities, and quality of our people. That's why
we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous
learning culture - one where we challenge you with engaging work
that adds to your professional development.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to
provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!
Keywords: Science 37, Austin , VP, Data and Analytics, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!