Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Director of Sales-Select Service has direct oversight of
sales and marketing operations for a Select Service hotel. This
role has the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR
growth to maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel
profit objectives. This individual will oversee operations of the
hotel sales department including but not limited to direct sales
follow-up sales administration hiring of staff training managing
and coaching. Additional responsibilities include sales and
marketing budget forecast advertising marketing and business plans
for no more than one Select Service hotel; manages within approved
plans and budgets. Exempt associates are expected to work as much
of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the
time.QUALIFICATIONS:+ + At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales
experience preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1
year of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least
2 years of related experience
- Must have a valid drivers license in the applicable state.
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication
skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other
managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills:
opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in
establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially
Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people
of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds
while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain
composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.RESPONSIBILITIES:+ +
Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations and
bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual
budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales
plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and
food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds
management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to
negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitalitys established regulations
company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team
goals and budgeted metrics.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and
capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies
of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any
other functions required by management providing training on a
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with
respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments
(i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her
absence; performing any other duties as requested by
management.DoubleTree by Hilton Austin-University Area features a
restaurant, fitness center, a bar and shared lounge in Austin. This
3-star hotel offers room service and an ATM. The hotel has an
outdoor swimming pool and a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi
throughout the property.At the hotel, each room has a desk, a
flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. Guest rooms will provide
guests with a fridge.Guests at DoubleTree Austin University can
enjoy a full breakfast buffet with hot items.As the global leader
in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents
over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top
international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts
and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are
passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional
results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be
the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-194339 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-Time Street: 1617 N I 35
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Austin , Director Sales, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!