Director of Business Development
Company: Bakery Agency
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We are looking for a hungry Director of Business Development who
will lead all new business development opportunities and continue
to drive growth for the company. This person will identify and lock
down strategic new pitch opportunities while serving as our
agency's go-to for RFIs/RFPs, agency storytelling, pitch timelines
and capabilities presentations.The ideal candidate is familiar with
search consultants and the new business pipeline process but also
understands how to grow without relying on pitches. About Us:Bakery
is a creative and R&D company headquartered in Austin, TX with
offices in Tokyo. We work with trendsetter brands to launch
products that informed consumers want. Brands like Johnnie Walker,
Nike, Shiner Beer and Kellogg turn to Bakery to achieve their
business goals by using data to inform great storytelling, product
innovation, and exciting experiences. Bakery is a 2022 Small Agency
of the Year and in 2020, Bakery was named #2 Best Place To Work by
- Own our entire new business development process: client
prospecting, activating and liaising with search groups, leading
and project managing the pitch process from start to finish.
- Work in tandem with agency principals to develop prospect plan
by market and service.
- Manage the presentation development process: timetables, team
assignments, assets, communications, and meetings.
- Frame compelling narratives about our capabilities and
accomplishments, turning them into interest from desired
- Develop a deep understanding of our capabilities, the state of
our industry, and how to position us to win and succeed amongst our
- Proactively target and develop relationships with key industry
- Serve as a key stakeholder for the company's PR: lead award
submissions, identify thought leadership and marketing
- Identify opportunities during industry events to connect
people, opportunities, and key stakeholders.
- Help negotiate new business fees and project SOWs.
- 5 years experience in new business development in a creative or
strategic marketing agency.
- Charismatic and confident delivery across any medium.
- Understand what it takes to bring in new business opportunities
- Passion and knowledge of agency business and industry
- Strong background leading and winning new business
- Enough experience receiving & answering large and complicated
RFI's/RFP's to know when to identify a winning opportunity and when
to argue against jumping into one.
- A usable rolodex and the capacity to continue growing it and
deploying it for the company's benefit.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and
personnel both internally and externally.
- Great project management skills that ensure accurate delivery
of efforts on schedule.
- Born skill to make acquaintances quickly.
- Natural negotiator with the confidence to carry any room they
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 2 weeks Work From Anywhere (WFA)
- Annual Retreats
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- Summer Movies @ Alamo Drafthouse
- Snacks, Meals and Drinks
- No Time Tracking!
Keywords: Bakery Agency, Austin , Director of Business Development, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!