Pediatric ICU Manager
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year alone, HCA Healthcare
colleagues invested over 156,000 hours impacting our communities.
As a(an) Pediatric ICU Manager with St. David's North Austin
Medical Center, you can be a manager in an organization that is
devoted to giving!BenefitsSt. David's North Austin Medical Center,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Pediatric ICU Manager. We care for our
communities and employees! HCA Hope Fund in fourteen years reached
a historic milestone: $50 million in help to our colleagues in
need. Last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8
million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Manager ensures high quality,
patient-centered care through oversight of the overall daily
function and staffing of the unit/department. The Manager monitors
and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with
established policies/procedures and holds staff accountable for
quality and clinical outcomes in support of facility objectives.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as
directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high
levels of patient satisfaction. You will help create a superior
clinical identity by operationalizing evidence-based practices to
enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensure adherence to
standards of care.
- You will support efforts to reduce variation in clinical
practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensure a
culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of
- You will support the achievement of internal/external
benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
- You will ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and
- You will ensure equipment maintenance is performed regularly
and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- You will manage admissions and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- You will facilitate effective interdisciplinary care
coordination within and across departments. Ensure staff with
appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care
- You will provide leadership in attaining and sustaining an
unparalleled patient experience. Instill accountability for
providing consistent, positive patient interactions that
differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- You will review various feedback mechanisms and helps identify
opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Supports
the development and implementation of strategies to elevate the
- You will leverage various feedback mechanisms to benchmark
performance and identify opportunities to improve patient
- You will ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that
enhance patient experience and customer service.
- You will collaborate with subject matter experts and other
leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved
outcomes and service.
- You will identify development opportunities or training needs
of individual employees and teams.
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- ACLSThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).St.
David's North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital
in Texas with
more than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David's Children's
Hospital, St. David's Women's
Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant
Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional
offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care,
heart and vascular care, neurology and
neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient
St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's
HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest
employer in the Austin area. St.
David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between
HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the
patient and the patient's family first, and the really great
institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity
for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Become a manager with an organization
that invests in your career while giving to the community. We are
seeking distinguished applicants for our Pediatric ICU Manager
opening. Help HCA Healthcare create healthier tomorrows for
patients and communities. We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Austin , Pediatric ICU Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!