Executive Meetings Manager
Company: Hotel Granduca Austin
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Achieves or exceeds sales goals by providing complete account
penetration for assigned territory by focusing on corporate
business and execution of their booked events. Establishes new
client relationships and maintains existing relationships to
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Responds to all incoming leads for business to secure
opportunities and maximize sale of available space as is beneficial
for the property. Takes orders for food, beverage, rooms, services,
2. Analyzes requirements of business opportunities. Researches and
maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
Responds to RFP's. Outlines available hotel space, menus and
facilities. Quotes prices. Meets with clients and hotel department
managers to plan function details, space requirements, food service
and decor. Prepares correspondence to customers, internal booking
reports and client data.
3. Develops long-term relationships with clients or potential
clients by maintaining consistent verbal and written communications
and providing good customer service.
4. Maintains detailed information about clients/prospective clients
and enters data into property's computer systems.
5. Attends Business Review Meetings. Researches new companies.
Creates and implements direct mailing campaigns. Attends training.
6. Conducts familiarization trips as needed. Participate in local
community to develop business.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new
customers when needed (including groups, travel managers, travel
agents and consumers). Uses network channels to open doors to new
customers. Seeks methods to penetrate key business activities
within the marketplace and finds profitable ways to bring this
business to the hotel. Researches information on market and trends
and the clients supporting those markets locally.
2. Participates in industry related organizations. Attends trade
shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business.
Participates in Sales blitzes. Makes onsite and field presentations
to prospective clients. Participates in pre-event meetings,
training and other sales-related meetings as required.
3. Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements
4. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise
refers the matter to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or
Security of all unusual events or circumstances.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Team Members may perform other related
duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable
accommodations as needed.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's
degree in Hospitality desired.
2. One or more years of related sales experience (i.e.
Catering/Event Sales, Event Coordination, or as an Executive
Meeting Manager) in a similar sized hotel/resort or winery
3. Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest
relations and etiquette. Ability and experience in successfully
selling and working in a high volume, time sensitive
4. Ability to learn, follow and maintain effective sale processes
designed to attain maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to
established operating criteria.
5. Completes all required training as scheduled.
6. Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and
ability to negotiate and close sales desired.
7. Requires ability to determine needs of customers and
persuasively present sales options through verbal face-to-face and
telephone interactions. Must be able to create and effectively
provide sales presentations and materials to potential customers.
Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so
requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive
attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication
and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest
8. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to
problems. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert
if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in
an emergency situation.
9. Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability
to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
Proficiency with DELPHI preferred.
10. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team
members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the
business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on
holidays, weekends and alternate shifts. Position requires working
from property location.
11. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Hotel Granduca is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Keywords: Hotel Granduca Austin, Austin , Executive Meetings Manager, Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!