Engineering Manager - Moderation Platform (Remote)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company .
This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world,
regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet.
Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads,
or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More
than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction
contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to
knowledge of all kinds - from politics to painting, cooking to
coding, etymology to experiences - so if someone out there knows
something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and
grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team
to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
Every day, millions of people seek answers and share their
knowledge through Quora. To foster this marketplace of knowledge,
we need to build systems that make sharing knowledge rewarding and
discovering it easy; that show you answers to questions you didn't
know you had, on topics you didn't know you liked, and that scale
to support the participation of the entire planet.
The Product Engineering teams focus on growth, engagement, and
activation. This work includes how we distribute content to the
right people, how we curate content on Quora, and how we engage new
users, writers, and readers. This also includes defining, shaping,
and changing the fundamental dynamics of Quora, to create a
compelling and cohesive experience for users to share and grow
About the Role:
At Quora, we believe that fostering a strong engineering culture in
inclusive teams is the key to building a great company and product.
As an Engineering Manager for the Moderation team, you will lead
end-to-end engineering of our platforms and product features for
moderation, empowering your team to continuously identify
initiatives that maintain high content quality and protect the
integrity of our platform against bad actors. You'll work closely
with other product development leaders to plan, prioritize, and
deliver scalable solutions to uphold high-quality experiences for
our 300 million+ monthly unique visitors on Quora.
- Grow and hire a team of full-stack engineers from the ground
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of
a fast-paced team.
- Drive effective processes for technical design decisions,
prioritization, estimation, execution, and
- Collaborate with Product Management, Machine Learning, Data
Science, and Product Operations to shape the team roadmap and
ensure successful execution towards our strategy.
- Drive initiatives with the Engineering management team to
foster our engineering culture and evolve processes across the
entire Engineering team.
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu
communication during Quora's "coordination hours" (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm
Pacific Time). Learn why here
- 4+ years of software engineering experience architecting,
building, and scaling high-traffic products
- 1+ years of people management experience in a technology
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated history of exceptional mentorship and coaching
- Experience with Python or similar programming language
- Experience with databases such as MySQL
- Passion for Quora's mission to share and grow the world's
- Experience with the content or user moderation domains
- Familiarity with React and GraphQL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure
Keywords: Quora, Austin , Engineering Manager - Moderation Platform (Remote), Executive , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!